Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm having my stock ECU remapped by Motowheels and so I'll be removing it from the bike this weekend. Is there anything that I should be aware of/becareful of before I remove it besides disconnecting the battery? This is for a 2006 ST3.

Also, I'm installing new pipes (hence the need to remap the ECU) and during the process of swapping out the stock pipes for the news ones, I plan to remove my exhaust headers and have them ceramic coated. Does anyone know of anything I should be aware of when doing this and also, what do others use to close up the hole/port where the lambda sensor was fitted since this sensor will no longer be needed when I install the new pipes?

Thanks!

·
Registered
463 Posts
Howdo!

Using an ST3 engine in my bike and had to fit lambda bungs to the headers when I got the bike remapped, these came with the end cap (Few on e-bay).

As long as you have disconnected the battery you should have no problems removing the ecu.

Are you putting the bike on a rolling road (See before/after)??

Good luck with the bike Pablo

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Pablo ...thanks for the feedback. I think those bungs you're referring to are only in the UK. I don't see them on the U.S. ebay site. But at least I know what to search for. Not sure what you mean by rolling road (before/after). Thanks again :)

·
Registered
463 Posts
Howdo!

On the Dyno (Before/After) :D

Is there another model in the Ducati range you can used the bungs from? The older SS has no lambda sensors but has the bungs fitted?

Cheers Pablo

1 - 4 of 4 Posts