Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wanted to re flash my ecu after the poor tune up and paying over $600 for a bad running bike done at a known Ducati shop. I connected my VDST tool and found that the TPS was set at 4.5, idle was also at 1300. I know from doing the tuneups myself that the TPS should be 2.3 and idle between 1000 and 1100. So the plan was, buy TuneECU and the cables and off we go...

I connected the cables and tried to launch the program, thought it was connected and started the bike and bam, the fan started to run, temp guage was blank and the bike would not stay idling. I know that I fried the DP Race ECU, but was afraid to stock ECU to fry that one too. The developer of TuneECU seems to think it is a Ducati issue with poor ground to the ECU. He even set me to a post on Ducati.MS, talking about the problems with ecu issues.

I am not a electrical expert, what exactly is a poor grounded ECU? I have the one ground connector on the ECU to just one of the two mounting bolts, am I missing one to the other mounting bolt too?

I did buy another ECU to install on the bike, but not going to touch it with the TuneECU. I'll use my VDST tool to set the trimmer and finish my tune up with the which by the way, reads my fried ECU, the TPS is going from 2.0 up to 4.0, which should be at 2.3. Anyway to test the fried ECU to see if the core is actually good?

·
Registered
355 Posts
Some cheap cables have been known to have the polarity reversed, this then burns out the earth connection inside the ECU. Apparently a fix is to wire a permanent earth to the diagnostic port and the ECU can use that.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
This is the third time this dude has asked about his ECU and basically the same issue.

We can't help him if he does not read and try responses.

Here is one post dated 6th March.

https://www.ducati.ms/forums/241-tech-forum/720303-ducati-scan-tool-what-ya-using.html#post6967753

Here is another post dated 4th March.

https://www.ducati.ms/forums/6966365-post32.html

FFS - if you post a question, read the responses and try them!

I could answer the question you posed here but could not be bothered as it probably won't be acted upon nor responded to.
This is more a warning/heads up to others not to bother responding.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts