Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My S2R1000 has an ecu with part number SB29DFP5.
The bike has a PCIII, full Arrow exhaust, and open airbox with the O2 sensor connected.
I was under the impression that the PC does not work in closed loop mode, so I am trying to figure out if the ecu is stock before I start messing with anything.

20191110_152436.jpg

·
Registered
29 Posts
DP ecu is pricey. You can have your stock ecu flashed to DP ecu specs for less than a DP ecu costs. By itself, there are still limited tuning options with a DP ecu. It does allow you, with yr Power Commander (?) to disconnect the O2 sensor and tune it like that. I chose to get my ECU open flashed, no Power Commander, no O2 sensor and have it properly dyno tuned. If you're not that fussy you can just buy a generic "canned flash" to suit whatever mods u have..

The options vary between models, as Ducati changes ECU suppliers, and Power Commanders are tailored to them, but I think yr options would be much the same as my 2008 S4RS. I also have a 2012 1100 Evo ABS, and that was a slightly different story.

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
looks like an oem ecu, there should also be a sticker on the other side that would say DUCATI048. but it may have been reflashed and it's often very hard to tell as some don't modify the file id when they change the files. unplug the lambda sensor and see if you get a fault. if so, i'd guess it's oem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts