Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
721 - 729 of 729 Posts

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Thanks Yorik. Just to be clear, my 999 is a regular 2005 999, not an R. Stock bin is attached (renamed with a "txt" extension). Any help will be hugely appreciated.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Wouldn't you know it? The xdf that was already in TunerPro looks like the right one. That was easy. I added the 999 to the file name. The tables look good and all the breakpoints look good. Looks like a match. Be sure to save a copy of your original file just in case!
Yorik,

Thank you! Yes it does looks right on. Scalers, flags and tables look spot on. Thank you very much. Hope it helps out TheLaw as well. Thank you and the rest of the folks who figure this stuff out and keep a library of the content. Really appreciated.

FWIW, the bin I sent was on the bike when I bought it. The bike has a Termi end can that is straight thru. Also the pipes from header to end can are completely open - no cats or baffles anywhere from header to exhaust outlets. And the horizontal pipe appears factory - no cuts, rewelds, etc. Not sure whether its a full system - seller didn't provide details on the pipe. All that said, it could have a different map on it too.

Thanks again!

r-

Tom C.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Hello ih574,
i checked the bin-file you posted.
Idaka,

Thank you! That's really good to know. You could tell by the 2218DD10 number? If I find a map with a Termi DP type map, will that number be different? Or if I (or someone else like a dyno tuner) changed some entries on one of the tables, would that change that number? Or should they change it (assuming it could be found in the hex code)?

Not knowing what I'm doing, I probably wouldn't change the map entries unless I knew what to change them to. And I don't see that happening anytime soon. Instead, I'll poke around for a Termi DP slip-on or full system map.

Thanks again!

r-

Tom C.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Tom,
i compared your file to a stock-file i have in my collection, bit by bit.
It is not only the number, all bytes are unchanged.
If a tuner changes the map, unfortunately it is not necessary to change the numbers.
Yes,DP Files have different numbers
If you are looking for a tune, i have added two files:
One is tuned by rexxer,(it has the same numbers like yours :) , but is tuned on a dyno,immo is off,runs very good on a friends 999), the other one is DP Full.
Try which one better suits your bike and have fun.
Best Regards

Attachments

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Idaka,

That is fantastic! Thank you. I'll give those a try. My plan is to go do some baseline runs on the existing bin, since i haven't done too many miles on the bike as of yet. I'm mainly looking for a lower rpm range that gives me surge-free steady throttle performance and a smooth roll-on. Then looking for backfire-free off-throttle overrun. I've heard the 999 fueling is pretty accurate in the first place, so just want to make sure it stays that way with the added Termi components.

Once I have a baseline, I'll test drive the other bins and get a feel for changes in those areas. I appreciate your providing the bins which make that experimentation possible. I'm looking forward to the tests.

r-

Tom C.

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
Idaka,

In TunerPro with the XDF Yorik provided (post #722), the stock and Rexxer bin maps seem to parse correctly. But the tables in the DP Full bin appear to be offset from the stock (and Rexxer) tables by about 10 bytes. I have modified the parameters in a revised TunerPro XDF to get the maps to display with what appear to be correct breakpoints, fuel, delta, and ignition maps. That required adding 10 to the table start addresses.

With the modified XDF, I can copy out the DP fuel, delta, and ignition maps and copy them over my stock maps using Yorik's XDF and save a new DP bin. So my question is should I create a modified DP Full bin that way or just use the DP Full bin as is? All three bins (stock, Rexxer, and DP Full) are 320K and exactly the same size (327,680 bytes).

Opinions from you guys are really valued. Thank you.

r-

Tom C.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey Tom,
its a difficult question,which i think nobody can answer.
I would try the maps, which one works best with your bike.
The offsets of stock maps and DP maps are different, unfortunately i have no xdf for 999-DP.
The xdf for stock works with the rexxer-file, because the base file of rexxer is stock,only fuel-map is changed.
Best Regards

721 - 729 of 729 Posts