Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

561 - 580 of 605 Posts

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
@sorinate
You should be able to resurrect the blown ECU.
Find the diagnostic port (3 pin connector)
Connect the centre pin to battery negative permanently and it should be good go.
Reversing polarity blows a connection inside the ECU, but the diagnostic port provides an alternative negative.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The blown ecu works, but does not start the engine. I mean if I press the start button nothing happens. If I manually override and short the start relay, the engine starts. It does not work ok because it is another map and TPS, but the ecu works. I will try to see if this solution solves the start issue, but I allready drained the oil and I am waiting for the new oilfilter and oil...
However, you think it will be possible to dump the maps from the 59M to the 5AMhw103 ?
I am adding the dump from the blown 5AMHW103.
Thank you,
Sorin

Attachments

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Do not put maps from different ECUs into another.
The file sizes are different and according to Belter you will brick the ECU.

Reactions: Yorik

·
Registered
4 Posts
Thanks for the advice, but I was thinking of manually editing the 620 maps with the data from the 800, so I could use the immo with my dash. not writing the 59M over the 5AM. I allready read all this thread so... :geek:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey. I have a DP firmware for your motorcycle, but only for TuneECU and I don't need an xdf file. If you really need a firmware in bin format, then in a couple of days I can only convert it. The second card is more powerful and is designed for a sawed-down airbox and a K&N filter.
Actually, would you be able to send me the bin file rather than the TuneECU file? I just discovered TuneECU doesnt work with my CH340 based elm327 cable. Ive ordered an FTDI based cable but that could be 4-6 weeks before it arrives.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Actually, would you be able to send me the bin file rather than the TuneECU file? I just discovered TuneECU doesnt work with my CH340 based elm327 cable. Ive ordered an FTDI based cable but that could be 4-6 weeks before it arrives.
Hey cods4 - I can post a spare set of the Lonelec cables for you to borrow if you need.
I am in Umina Beach Central Coast NSW Australia so you might even be nearby to come and collect.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hey cods4 - I can post a spare set of the Lonelec cables for you to borrow if you need.
I am in Umina Beach Central Coast NSW Australia so you might even be nearby to come and collect.
Thanksvery much for the offer Punch!

I'm actualy in the next state east of NSW called NZ.... :), and shipping probably isnt worth it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
As far as I know, the elm cable is not suitable for work with an IAWReader/IAWWriter, only KKL(VAG-COM)!

·
Registered
33 Posts
As far as I know, the elm cable is not suitable for work with an IAWReader/IAWWriter, only KKL(VAG-COM)!
Sorry thats what I meant, also got an elm327 cable here for my car and getting confused.

But it's the KKL cable I use for use with IAWReader/Writer, it just happens to have a ch340 chip so wont work with TuneECU.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi All,

New here.
Apologies for Hijacking another thread.
Have spent a while reading through the forum posts here and would like to confirm a few points if I may:

I have an 04 ducati 999 Biposto.
When I got the bike it came with a remus slip on kit (standard link pipe with cat still fitted).
It had issues with running and flat spots 7K and above and poor running over 7k RPM Below that it runs quite well but I do notice that the rear cylinder is running hotter than the front.
It starts easily. Before I got to this point I began replacing fuel filter, air filter (pipercross), Spark plugs etc then finally took it to be looked at for ecu fuelling earlier this week.

It turns out it has a 979000166 DP 749 ECU (at least I think so, as this sticker is placed over another sticker that says "999 ducati016".

Can I reflash this ECU with a new file appropriate for 999B with slip-ons? Or failing that a standard base 999 map?

Have the Lonelec cable on the way.

Thanks

·
Registered
27 Posts
Hi All,

New here.
Apologies for Hijacking another thread.
Have spent a while reading through the forum posts here and would like to confirm a few points if I may:

I have an 04 ducati 999 Biposto.
When I got the bike it came with a remus slip on kit (standard link pipe with cat still fitted).
It had issues with running and flat spots 7K and above and poor running over 7k RPM Below that it runs quite well but I do notice that the rear cylinder is running hotter than the front.
It starts easily. Before I got to this point I began replacing fuel filter, air filter (pipercross), Spark plugs etc then finally took it to be looked at for ecu fuelling earlier this week.

It turns out it has a 979000166 DP 749 ECU (at least I think so, as this sticker is placed over another sticker that says "999 ducati016".
View attachment 989814
View attachment 989815
View attachment 989813

Can I reflash this ECU with a new file appropriate for 999B with slip-ons? Or failing that a standard base 999 map?

Have the Lonelec cable on the way.

Thanks
Hey. if you have a cable Lonelec, then use the TuneECU to understand which map you currently have filled in, and just fill in these maps from the list. do not believe what is written under the sticker on the ecu, there is a standard inscription. If you need help, write to me in a personal, I will help.

·
Registered
63 Posts
@normandy You have got a ECU IAW59M ( Ducati used this until 2004)
The files @zeprolet suggested are for ECU IAW5AM (from 2004 and newer)
TuneEcu is only working with IAW5AM.
If you want to reflash, you need a file for 59M and GuzziReader/Writer.
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
@idaka Thank you.
I got my cable today and have downloaded the existing map.
I can confirm it is a 749 map:
: 979000166
: IAW59MHW010
: 00
: 0130PS07
: 0000
: 59MP1
: AA AA AA AA AA
: LOADF:2.10

It looks as though for my 999 Biposto with remus slipons and standard headers & mid pipe with Cat + pipercross filters I might start with the file 979000167.
Anyone know where I can get that? I've trawled the posts and all the old links seems to be broken...

Thanks

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Hi Normandy.
This is the only 999 bin file I have.
Also attached the XDF, done by the brilliant Meinolf, that I used to check that it is HW010.
That is in the second last table shown in the XDF.
Might help you out.

Attachments

Reactions: chris_k

·
Registered
27 Posts
@normandy You have got a ECU IAW59M ( Ducati used this until 2004)
The files @zeprolet suggested are for ECU IAW5AM (from 2004 and newer)
TuneEcu is only working with IAW5AM.
If you want to reflash, you need a file for 59M and GuzziReader/Writer.
Cheers
I'm sorry, I did not see that another ecu. The simplest and most correct option is to buy another ecu and flash it already normally.

·
Registered
63 Posts
@normandy Here are 2 Files for you, both suitable for your bike and ECU. (IAW59M)
(just remove .txt)
Trie and have fun!

If you like the files,dont forget to press "donate" in the GuzziDiag-Tools,to support the great guys,who made this File-Exchange possible.
Friendly people,they support our Ducatis.The IAW59M was never used by MotoGuzzi.
Best Regards!

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
@normandy Here are 2 Files for you, both suitable for your bike and ECU. (IAW59M)
(just remove .txt)
Trie and have fun!

If you like the files,dont forget to press "donate" in the GuzziDiag-Tools,to support the great guys,who made this File-Exchange possible.
Friendly people,they support our Ducatis.The IAW59M was never used by MotoGuzzi.
Best Regards!
Amazing Thank you.

I'll give these a try and get donating.

Anyone need a bin for a 749 DP 979000166 ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
sadly i can't find 848EVO DP Full bin file anywhere, anyone has it? currently im using tuneecu which using hex files, but it can't disable the immobilizer

561 - 580 of 605 Posts