Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 605 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As there is a strong demand for ecu maps, I suggest to start a repository.

Maybe the best way to grow this database is to allow access only for those who have shared their own map... Actually, it seems that this method was used by ducatidiag. In the other hand, I know that the validation process is quite heavy...
Any idea / opinion ?

Here's my small contribution :

2008 Hypermotard 1100 standard stock / IAW5AMHW610

·
Registered
179 Posts
Question, what software are you using to down load the maps? And why file format is everyone else going to be using? Seeing that ducatidiag is no longer, choices are very limited. Biggest problem is the format of the files. And consistency of people using it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm currently using the Reader- and Writer-Software from GuzziDIAG. Works perfect and downloads/uploads maps to the ECU.

I'm searching a Ducati Performance Mapfile in format .bin from a Ducati Hypermotard 1100. Would be great, if anyone could help me.

@KiloNewton: your upload is gone. Maybe you reup the file? Or maybe you create a bin-file usind IAW5-reader from GuzziDIAG. Software could be found here

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
We have a thread going on Guzzidiag in the Supersport section that contains some great info on read, write, XDF files and cables.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/57-supersport/379985-guzzidiag-mapping-15m-ecu-5x-4.html#post3816969

A bit of a long (very rough) shot, but maybe you could play with the injector durations from the PDFs I uploaded in that thread for my 900SSie DP map.

The SS uses the Weber IW 031 rated at 270cc per minute and the HM uses the IWP 043 rated at 329cc per minute.

The ratio between the injector flows is 1.2185 and the ratio of the capacities is very similar at 1.2222 I.e. just plug in my durations as a starting point.

No idea if my offset and ignition would be correct. My guess would be to leave them as they are in your stock ECU at the moment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
...I've read that thread but I want a clean copy of an DP-ECU download. I'm not specified at all to change some numbers in the tables and hopefully it will work.

Just need a guy who downloads the map from his DP-ECU using the reader tool from GuzziDIAG. Works great and it would be great to find someone who would do that...

·
Registered
559 Posts
Thought I would post here since I've had the same idea. I come from the world of auto tuning so this is my first foray into bike tuning....

I have a web server I'm going to create a public FTP on where people can view/download. Then I'm going to create a tool for uploading. If I gave ppl full access to the FTP there is a chance some dick could delete everything.

I suggest we keep everything open source with .xdf files for the various ECUs and .bin files for all of the tunes.

I can break the .xdf files into folders according to the ECU type, for example 15M - 1998-2002 Marelli, and so fourth. I'll sort the .bin files simply by year and model, 2009 1198 - Base, and so on. If a .bin is a stock dump, I will denote it with a _Stock at the end of the file name. If it's custom, then the uploader needs to include a change log and I'll put that in a .zip with the .bin and put _Custom at the end.

Let's start by everyone sharing every single .xdf and .bin that they have here along with what they are and we can start from there.

Then perhaps we should create a Tuning sub-forum here for people to ask questions and share knowledge.

Everyone on board?!

If someone could break down all of the different models of Ducati ECUs and what years/models they were used I could start creating the FTP folder structure...

Alex

·
Registered
39 Posts
As there is a strong demand for ecu maps, I suggest to start a repository.

Maybe the best way to grow this database is to allow access only for those who have shared their own map... Actually, it seems that this method was used by ducatidiag. In the other hand, I know that the validation process is quite heavy...
Any idea / opinion ?

Here's my small contribution :

2008 Hypermotard 1100 standard stock / IAW5AMHW610

What about maps for microtec ecu also.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
Everyone on board?!
Sounds great.

I am having a quick WOT run this afternoon as a quick check of remapping via Tuneboy back to the DP map. This is after getting the pipes back to free flowing rather than crimped at the bends which sucked what I should have had. Stupid me!

·
Premium Member
1,877 Posts
How's this coming?

Thought I would post here since I've had the same idea. I come from the world of auto tuning so this is my first foray into bike tuning....

I have a web server I'm going to create a public FTP on where people can view/download. Then I'm going to create a tool for uploading. If I gave ppl full access to the FTP there is a chance some dick could delete everything.

I suggest we keep everything open source with .xdf files for the various ECUs and .bin files for all of the tunes.

I can break the .xdf files into folders according to the ECU type, for example 15M - 1998-2002 Marelli, and so fourth. I'll sort the .bin files simply by year and model, 2009 1198 - Base, and so on. If a .bin is a stock dump, I will denote it with a _Stock at the end of the file name. If it's custom, then the uploader needs to include a change log and I'll put that in a .zip with the .bin and put _Custom at the end.

Let's start by everyone sharing every single .xdf and .bin that they have here along with what they are and we can start from there.

Then perhaps we should create a Tuning sub-forum here for people to ask questions and share knowledge.

Everyone on board?!

If someone could break down all of the different models of Ducati ECUs and what years/models they were used I could start creating the FTP folder structure...

Alex

·
Registered
559 Posts
I have it setup here:
http://www.irok.org/ftp/Ducati Tuning

I haven't finished the html page with the simple little upload script for people to put stuff on it yet tho.

That will eventually be here:
http://www.irok.org/ftp

...and of course the files will go to the "Uploads" folder.

I've been waiting until I could get the directory structure defined first but no one has come forward with a list of all the FI ECUs Ducati has ever used and what models they were used on for me to do this yet.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have recently made some changes to my 2012 848 corse SE (racing air filter, lighter flywheel, & slip-on Zard exhaust)...after the racing air filter was added by Ducati service techs, they also installed a new ECU chip supplied by Ducati for the new fuel map. After this was done I noticed the bike didn't start quite as easily as it used to, & at lower rpm's the bike would 'bog' a little, or had some 'hesitations' when accelerating. After I mounted the Zard exhaust (which the supplier informed me didn't need a new ECU map & could be run on the stock exhaust ECU chip)) I have now also noticed the bike isn't as 'smooth' as she used to be.

I know that if you install a Termi exhaust, that Ducati provides a new ECU chip with the exhaust system (whether it be a full system, or just slip-on's)...so my question is...why wouldn't I need a new ECU chip for a Zard slip-on, seeing as how the fuel map must change somehow because the back pressure on the exhaust stroke is considerably less now with limited exhaust restriction?!

My second concern is...I was told by my Ducati dealer that the 848 corse SE doesn't have an ECU chip that can be flashed or modified...the regular 848 corse does however because it doesn't come equipped with TC or a quick shifter. I was told that because of the TC on the SE version, there is an extra mode in the ECU that regulates the fuel more closely than a normal 848 corse, & that's why they can't be flashed or 're-mapped' if I take my bike to a dyno tuner...is this true, & if so, is there any way to circumnavigate this issue?!

Thnx for you tips! ??

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts

·
Registered
559 Posts
Sorry guys, I've been crazy derelict in my duties on this. My real life as an I.T. manager and family takes precedence and leaves little time for much else lately...

Alex

·
Registered
503 Posts
92GTA, hm.... this is an interesting project. I'll throw my hat into the ring...

One word of caution: the ECU hacking community tends to be very small, very private. "I'll show you mine if you show me yours." And many parties (which shall remain unnamed) have a vested interest in keeping this process as obfuscated as possible.

GuzziDiag is the sole exception, but also offers the least support. (Full disclosure: I am one of those few offering that.)

I have concerns regarding your club's commitment to the project. Particularly, the ability to maintain this database long-term. I also have technical questions regarding how you plan to handle versioning/growth/validation of submissions. ("Contamination.") If you can address these appropriately, I might be willing to contribute my personal database (400+ firmwares) and technical expertise to your project.

Please PM me your details and I will call you to discuss this further.

1 - 20 of 605 Posts