Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have been following this forum for a while and joined a few days ago. Have a few bikes and one is a 2012 Streetfighter S in red. Have done approximately 15k miles over the last few years. Some mods include a 14 teeth sprocket, Ohlins 03200-27 piston kit and TTX rear. With the suspension sorted I am very happy with how the bike handles and started to focus on the fuelling again.

For the last 2 years I've been riding the DP fuel map (3215SWA) which I uploaded using TuneEcu. Exhaust valve deactivated and O2 sensors still activated. But have never been fully happy with how it rides. It's especially not well tuned in the mid range using the stock exhaust. Mind you have to run exhaust with catalytic converters - no option to go without around here.

Have been using GuzziDiag/TunerPro and analysing the various Streetfighter maps. I think the issue in the low end fuelling of the original map is not just a lean condition but timing which was retarded substantially sub 4k rpm. The DP (I assume this is the carbon termi slip-on map) and Full Termi map have more ignition advance in the lower rpm range. From testing I found applying the ignition advance of the DP map to the stock map and keeping the O2 sensors active gives already a lot smoother running bike.

So have been trying to piece together a map that allows me to get good low end fuelling without the O2 sensors and keep most of the map above 4250 unchanged. Without access to a dyno and wide-band sensors it's stabbing in the dark and lots of trial and error. Currently have still not found a good setup.

Happy to share my results with anyone interested and also looking for others to exchange thoughts on this.

With all the tools in the open and considering how bad some of the maps sold are, I'm hoping to find help here.

Also happy to provide details on my suspensions setup for a 160lbs rider if anyone is interested.

·
Registered
31 Posts
UP

I'm interested too.
But you're driving with originals silencers and a DP map ? They're for no-catalytic exhausts, so maybe not the best match for your engine. :(
MP sent to you

& i would love to see the TTX on the SF ? :)

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
If you can get JP diag i have ALL the maps for the SF. Mine runs the race map with no lambdas or servo

·
Registered
147 Posts
2012 s

Sfs1098ch

I too have the TTX and Piston kit also ran the Termie slip ons at the time I had Steve ECS build a custom map and it was spot on. Here's my dyno run.I have questions about your suspension and geometry, I have the same shock and fork kit and close to happy. Tried many settings currently running the recommended 10 comp 10 red up front and 12 comp 14 reb rear with 40mm sag front and 30 rear, fork caps are flush in the triples and using the ride height adjuster jig at 220mm in the rear. I found that the magic 235mm ride height felt nervous and progressively lowered the rear to the current 220mm. I guess in many cases my rear is low and front is high but it felt most stable and front has more confidence. My " aha " moment was when I first pushed the forks down to flush with the clamps. What have you learned and your current settings that you seem to be happy with? Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi all,

I weigh 160lbs nekid and currently running following setup:
- 9.5Nm springs in the front with 4 turns of preload rebound at 10, compression at 12 for street riding, 150mm oil level
- Rear 90Nm spring approx 18mm preload, rebound at 13, comp at 14
- Sag front 40mm, rear 30mm, forks flush, for ride height have to check notes in shop. If I recall correctly three threads showing with original chain length and 14 tooth sprocket.
- Turn-in is not too light, no issues with running wide at corner exit
- Michelin Power RS tyres

For the streets around here anything more then 12 clicks comp on the front is too harsh. The biggest improvement with the fork kit was the much improved anti-dive during braking without loosing fork action for smaller bumps. The OEM forks were too harsh when tuned for good braking. But couldn't get both to work well. I would suggest it to everyone riding in the canyons - not just racing!

Above setup gives a compliant but firm ride. It's not the plushest but still more comfortable than OEM. I went up on the rear spring rate from 80nm to 90nm when I switched to the TTX. Rear is now more compliant than before but cannot say if it's because of the spring or the shock. On the front I'm not using full travel and may even try a 9.0Nm spring in one leg.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you can get JP diag i have ALL the maps for the SF. Mine runs the race map with no lambdas or servo
Just tried to PM you but your mailbox is full. I should be able to get a license from JP. What exhaust do you run and which "race" map are you using?

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
I have Akrapovic and run full termi with lambda and servo off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Thanks blackie! Have tried that and find it pulls worse from 6000rpm than the stock map due to rich running. Using the stock map it will power wheelie when whacking the throttle open above 6500-7000. Can't get that with the full termi after setting CO. Low end is good though.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Are you running the full termi map with Akra slip ons?

I have a 2010 SF 1098 and I run the "Ducati Performance" map from TuneEcu site. Tons better than the map that came with the DP Termignoni slip on / air filter kit. The sub 4000rpm lean hesitation is almost gone butnot 100%. The Full termi map has more fuel down low so it should be maybe better but I have not tried it.

I should look at the full termi map and add fuel to the current map- I think it would be the ticket. It runs pretty well right now and has good fuel economy so I have not bothered yet.

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Yes that's correct the full map with the Akras. Also removed the lambdas and the servo via diag. It has ran faultless all the time the map has been in. When we did the crankcase swap the engine was perfect on stripdown with virtually no scoring to the bores and hardly any valve clearance issues so I know the map is good

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,218 Posts
I shot you a PM I have copies of them I can get to you.
Would you mind uploading them to our ECU repository? It's not much, but it's our little attempt at a library of bin files. If you also have a working xdf for it, that would be great, too. The site doesn't recognize them as allowed file types, so just add ".pdf" to the end of the file name and it will work. Thanks.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Would you mind uploading them to our ECU repository? It's not much, but it's our little attempt at a library of bin files. If you also have a working xdf for it, that would be great, too. The site doesn't recognize them as allowed file types, so just add ".pdf" to the end of the file name and it will work. Thanks.

For sure, I was thinking we need a place to keep maps as everyone is always asking.

EDIT - all set and uploaded to the thread, I have GuzziDiag, TuneECU and a few DDG formatted maps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
For sure, I was thinking we need a place to keep maps as everyone is always asking.

EDIT - all set and uploaded to the thread, I have GuzziDiag, TuneECU and a few DDG formatted maps.
Hey Rob,

Thank you so much man, I was able to download them from the link you send me. really appreciate it !!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts