Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

ECU flashing in Melbourne

1K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  schmuppet 
#1 ·
I have a SF848 and would like to get the ECU flashed to eliminate the exhaust flapper and O2 sensors, can anyone recommend a place in Melbourne that does this sort of stuff?

#3 ·
Contact Brad Black, (03) 9563 2004

He's the man you need to see :)

Mike

#6 ·
Schmuppet, if your at all mechanical I would recommend that you look up Ducatidiag http://ducatidiag.xooit.com/ on the net and posts about it on the Hypermotard forum. It is free software that enables you to access the Marelli ECU to perform the diagnostics that are done by the propriety DDS used in the workshop. It also has the added benefit (after paying the developer 100 euro for a license) to reflash your ECU with any DP profile for you bike. All you require is to purchase the cables to connect to your wiring loom. Cables can be purchased on ebay for about $20 - 30. Pretty cheap option that enables you to diagnose, trim, reset TPS and flash your ECU. If your really keen there is also software that enables you to read & modify the fuel maps.
I have reflashed my HM1100S and use it to do all my own diagnostic and servicing.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

#8 ·
Check out Tuneboy first - that way you can remap as many times as you like rather than a one off flash.

They are based in Hornsby NSW. I have it in my 2001 900 and very happy.

Richard

#10 ·
I don't think so or at least for my Marelli 15M ECU it is just a two dimensional map. Just like cells in an Excel spreadsheet, you just enter what you want for whatever the variable is for each cell.

Y axis is throttle position and the X axis is RPM. Then for each XY position you type in what you want. E.g. more or less fuel, more or less advance, offset to rear cylinder or whatever the ECU itself allows.

Poke around their web site, I think in the tutorials section, so you can see what it does and if it suits your knowledge or what you are prepared to learn about.

How much it can do depends upon the ECU you have. In my 2001 the ECU is not super duper, but I can remap as and when I like at the touch of a keyboard.

My starting map was the DP map, which I saved as a file never to be touched, then all other plays/tunes are saved with a different name or whatever to allow me to reload a good map in case I screwed up.

Richard

#11 ·
Tuneboy map example of fuel. To change fuel at any throttle (Y axis) position vs any RPM (X axis) position, you simply type a number in the XY cell.

The trick is knowing what you are doing.:)

#12 ·
Thanks for the info, I've done a bit of reading up on TuneBoy and for my purposes I'm not sure if it is worth the money. If I can get DucatiDiag going it'll do pretty much the same job (there is a free map-making app that goes with it) for around $500 less than TuneBoy. That said, the WiFi features of TuneBoy are pretty cool and it is more flexible if I ever get into serious tuning, I'm just not sure if I'll ever use it to that level. I could put hat extra $500 towards a set of slip-ons!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.