Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone :)

I just bought a 2017 797+ (7000km) restrained @35kw (French law)
It was mounted with the Termignoni racing exhaust silencer from the beginning, this one: https://amsducati.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/1000x1000/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/9/6/96480681a-ducati-scrambler-termignoni-slip-on.jpg

Yesterday I went to my Ducati store to unrestrained it.
Everything goes good, they installed the "full" stock map but not the race Termignoni map because I do not have the up map key.

So I have a few questions:

- Is this a big problem ? I mean does it suck for the engine ?
If no, i think I will leave it like that (Termignoni exhaust was installed from the beggining, so I guess it is not a big issue and it works well, i mean not weird things happens)

-Not so far my home, there are some engine reprogramming store, but I would like only the termignoni map, they charge between 250 euros to 400 euros, it's huge for just a map injection, right ?

-What do you recommend to me ?

-Can I flash my self the ECU on this model if I found the Termignoni map ? (I have some basics skills, I'm not afraid to do it)
-If yes can you guys tell me what should I buy to flash it myself ?

Thank you very much !

·
Registered
1 Posts
-Can I flash my self the ECU on this model if I found the Termignoni map ? (I have some basics skills, I'm not afraid to do it)
-If yes can you guys tell me what should I buy to flash it myself ?
I'm interested in doing something similar - I have been playing around with the CAN interface on my M797.
From what I can tell the ECU is similar on the two bikes, both are the Continental/Siemens M3C, but seem to be slightly different versions.
I am afraid information is scarce on these bikes, but if you would like to join efforts in researching this, I'd be glad to help/share/learn where I can.

How far have you gotten?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts