Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys a little help required here, want to fit a 708b ECU (2 into 1).
Bike has LV cans and decat pipe (this takes out Flapper pipe), I want to open up the airbox and fit the 708b, so this is my battle plan.

1) Unplug old ECU, fit new and re connect, (is it that straightforward?)
2) remove 02 sensor, and disconnect from harness under tank, Plug the hole in decat pipe.
3) unplug flapper servo motor and remove.
4) Book it into dealer to get TPS set and bodies balanced.

What ya reckon? have I missed anything?

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
Guys a little help required here, want to fit a 708b ECU (2 into 1).
Bike has LV cans and decat pipe (this takes out Flapper pipe), I want to open up the airbox and fit the 708b, so this is my battle plan.

1) Unplug old ECU, fit new and re connect, (is it that straightforward?)
2) remove 02 sensor, and disconnect from harness under tank, Plug the hole in decat pipe.
3) unplug flapper servo motor and remove.
4) Book it into dealer to get TPS set and bodies balanced.

What ya reckon? have I missed anything?
That's basically all there is to it. Make sure the ignition is in the off position when you swap the ECU. Seal off the open connectors for the 02 sensor and flapper servo.

You can also ask your dealer to set the fuel trim with a gas analyzer while you have it in the shop. They may do this as part of the process of balancing the throttle bodies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply Duke pilot !
I will play safe and disco the battery.
Will the bike be Ok to run for a week (couple of hundred miles) until it goes into dealer, or should i leave it at home?

·
Eat, sleep, play!
1,166 Posts
Thanks for the reply Duke pilot !
I will play safe and disco the battery.
Will the bike be Ok to run for a week (couple of hundred miles) until it goes into dealer, or should i leave it at home?
Some bikes run OK without the TPS reset, some don't, so its hard to say what yours will be like. Your idle may be a little lumpy and you may experience some stalling. Your best bet is to get the TPS reset as soon as you can.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts