Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite BOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
East Coast Meetup #12, Sunday 5/15 - Friday 5/20. The desmo-duodecimo. If you've been you know how special this event is. If you're even thinking about it - DO IT! The Blue Ridge and Foothills Parkways (especially the new bit, omfg), the Cherohala Skyway, the Tail of The Dragon, Route 28, all are truly must-ride experiences. And riding with frens makes these epic twisties more epic-er. You'll be even faster in the evening as you recount the day's adventures over beers and whatever back at the Lodge. ;)

This year promises to be extra special as we move to the beautiful Tapoco Lodge on the Cheoha River at Rt 129 at the foot of the Dragon. Book early to get a 10% group discount rate, after 3/15/22 the rooms get released to the general public.

Hotel Reservation Instructions

1) Visit www.tapoco.com
2) Click on "Reservations"
3) Enter in your arrival and departure date and the number of adults and children staying in the room
4) Enter in the access code of: DU051522
5) Review and select your preferred room
6) Include each guest name staying in the selected room
7) Note the $100 deposit and the 30 day cancellation policy
8) Complete the remaining reservation steps

For further assistance call us at the Historic Tapoco Lodge at (828) 498-2800 or email us at [email protected].

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
-Attendees please copy and add your name at the bottom.

1. dadridesagain (Rich & Olga, White Oak Cabin One, Sun-Fri)
2. your name here
3. someone else's name here
4. and so on

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't see a site map for the Tapoco lodge and cabins. Can't figure out where to reserve.
follow the above instructions, "reservations" is under "accommodations", enter the code, it has photos and descriptions of the rooms, they look quite nice.

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just tidying up, I mistakenly listed the dates in the title, they are now correct, Sunday 5/15 - Thursday 5/19. now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^that's a good idea, lots of local places in the area (Fontana!), and I was told there's a chance room could open up at Tapoco depending on how many rooms end up being used by the wedding party that arrives on Friday.

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Possibly.
I'm gonna grab the two bedroom/three bed cabin room, Chilhowee Cabin One. One king and two twins in the second bedroom. Who wants in?
Having roomed with Chuck in two states I can vouch for him. He's a pleasant fellow who eventually goes to sleep. I don't recall any snoring.

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
-Attendees please copy and add your name at the bottom.

1. dadridesagain (Rich & Olga, White Oak Cabin One, Sun-Thurs)
2. Yorik
3. Mlukason
4. Chuckracer (Chilhowee Cabin One, seeking roomies)
5. Gadetech
6. someone else's name
7. and so on

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Having stayed in a room adjacent to Yorik I can say he's a man-whore. So good luck Mike.

Reactions: greg328

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Worth considering...if folks want to get a little organized and agree on dinner- and maybe even breakfast-times.

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
What happened to having the meet overlap a Friday through Sunday?
We could do that if we picked a different week (or month) probably, these were the dates available for this May given the other events they have scheduled. But as noted folks can book other venues to come earlier or stay later.

Reactions: redpato

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
They are asking whether we want to do any organized activities like a movie night. Might be fun, although historically I think we entertain ourselves pretty well.

It might be pleasantly civilized if we wanted to set a regular time to meet for dinner so they could reserve space for us. Whaddy'all think about that?

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
(I just knew someone would bring up the goddam white board)

• Haha
Reactions: Dukerdr

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
do it do it do it do it. hell yeah! you'll love it.
:)

Reactions: Rainman

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 · (Edited)
-Attendees please copy and add your name at the bottom:

1.dadridesagain & Olga, White Oak Cabin One, Sun-Fri
2. Yorik
3. Mlukason
4. Chuckracer
5. Gadetech
6. Flynbulldog and Candie
7. RD52
8. Flynnmon
9. Swiss Farm Roger
10. Rainman aka The Ban Hammer Purple Hippo
11. and so on...

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
all I can say is that must be one BIG bottle.
(ba-dum-bum)

·
participant
6,585 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
I was just informed that the party following us cancelled so our group is extended until 5/20.
:)

Reactions: Dmitry
1 - 20 of 75 Posts