Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 183 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
East Coast Meetup #12, Sunday 5/15 - Friday 5/20. The desmo-duodecimo. If you've been you know how special this event is. If you're even thinking about it - DO IT! The Blue Ridge and Foothills Parkways (especially the new bit, omfg), the Cherohala Skyway, the Tail of The Dragon, Route 28, all are truly must-ride experiences. And riding with frens makes these epic twisties more epic-er. You'll be even faster in the evening as you recount the day's adventures over beers and whatever back at the Lodge. ;)

This year promises to be extra special as we move to the beautiful Tapoco Lodge on the Cheoha River at Rt 129 at the foot of the Dragon. Book early to get a 10% group discount rate, after 3/15/22 the rooms get released to the general public.

Hotel Reservation Instructions

1) Visit www.tapoco.com
2) Click on "Reservations"
3) Enter in your arrival and departure date and the number of adults and children staying in the room
4) Enter in the access code of: DU051522
5) Review and select your preferred room
6) Include each guest name staying in the selected room
7) Note the $100 deposit and the 30 day cancellation policy
8) Complete the remaining reservation steps

For further assistance call us at the Historic Tapoco Lodge at (828) 498-2800 or email us at [email protected].

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
-Attendees please copy and add your name at the bottom.

1. dadridesagain (Rich & Olga, White Oak Cabin One, Sun-Fri)
2. your name here
3. someone else's name here
4. and so on

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,962 Posts

1. dadridesagain (Rich & Olga, White Oak Cabin One, Sun-Thurs)
2. Yorik
3. Mlukason
4. Chuckracer
5. Gadetech (Paul, Santeetlah Cabin Three, Sun-Thur)
6. someone else's name
7. and so on

Wonder how Tapoco will deal with our shenanigans? I’ve been wanting to stay there for a while.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I don't see a site map for the Tapoco lodge and cabins. Can't figure out where to reserve.
follow the above instructions, "reservations" is under "accommodations", enter the code, it has photos and descriptions of the rooms, they look quite nice.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
just tidying up, I mistakenly listed the dates in the title, they are now correct, Sunday 5/15 - Thursday 5/19. now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
10,843 Posts
Is anyone interested in staying a little longer? I'd be up for staying an extra day or two (leave on Saturday morning). It would probably mean staying somewhere else for the other days.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
^that's a good idea, lots of local places in the area (Fontana!), and I was told there's a chance room could open up at Tapoco depending on how many rooms end up being used by the wedding party that arrives on Friday.

·
Hammer Down
2020 Multistrada 1260 S Touring
1,962 Posts
Is anyone interested in staying a little longer? I'd be up for staying an extra day or two (leave on Saturday morning). It would probably mean staying somewhere else for the other days.
If you end up staying and are looking for something in the area, I recommend Blue Waters Mountain Lodge. It's a nice little place with a view and Dock on Lake Santeetlah.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Possibly.
I'm gonna grab the two bedroom/three bed cabin room, Chilhowee Cabin One. One king and two twins in the second bedroom. Who wants in?
Having roomed with Chuck in two states I can vouch for him. He's a pleasant fellow who eventually goes to sleep. I don't recall any snoring.

·
Super Moderator
6,406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

1. dadridesagain (Rich & Olga, White Oak Cabin One, Sun-Thurs)
2. Yorik
3. Mlukason
4. Chuckracer (Chilhowee Cabin One, seeking roomies)
5. Gadetech
6. someone else's name
7. and so on

1 - 20 of 183 Posts