Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

101 - 120 of 130 Posts

·
Hammer Down
1,608 Posts
There's a German meat counter next to the Italian place and they were cooking sausages outside on a grill. We were there for Barrel Roast Coffee Company across the street.

·
Premium Member
4,696 Posts
Waaaahhhhh.
I just went out for a solo ride. Well two solo rides. One German and onw Italian.
Same!
My kid had a game in Newport and I overslept, so I rushed out the door on a Panzer-bike.
When I got there realized that forgot my wallet, had to hyper-mile on the way home trying not to run out of gas.
Once I got home decided to takeout Multi-Pasta, spent rest of the day trying not to crash.
Ran in to some dirt-bike friends and they let me take one of their Yamaha smokers for a spin, so I actually covered all 3 Axis powers :)

·
Registered
35 Posts
1. dadridesagain
2. Yorik
3. Flynnmon
4. Tripod
5. Woody
6. Chuckracer
7. Dukerdr
8. Maxmach
9. SO FUN
10. BigRed
11. complexCarlo
12. Gadgetech - SENA 20S currently, 5/4 - 5/10 currently, 2019 BMW R1250GS (currently not wrecked, ABD deux), Shirt size is XL, Epstein didn't kill himself 😂
13. Fat Cobra
14 - 19. EPflyr + GPOhio + 4 other slow guys

·
Super Moderator
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #114
the thing is on. I'm iffy though. got this crazy idea to throw the GS and two mountain bikes in the trailer and a mattress in the van and head west with the wife. not getting any younger and have yet to see the national parks.

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,606 Posts
It does seem like the attendees are fewer and fewer each year. I guess the shine is off the event.

I really wish some new members would join us. The riding is truly fantastic and we're not a bunch of yahoos getting into trouble. Although, there have been lamentations over that, we don't need to project that image. I've reached out to the NEDOC group and posted it over there, but no replies. Maybe I should buy a Mini and join them. Or a S2000?

·
Super Moderator
5,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #116
Tradition has it's value. At the same time, clock is ticking and there are so many places to see and ride. I know a sub-cohort is looking at WVA, and I've been doing some preliminary research on riding to and around Nova Scotia. Hard to apportion the weeks off.

·
Super Moderator
26,128 Posts
Yeah, I'm iffy for a couple reasons. The reason to simply go is the people, that's a no brainer. But I think a change of scenery would be good too.
I'm also thinking about some touring for a change, now that I actually can.

·
Premium Member
1,123 Posts
It does seem like the attendees are fewer and fewer each year. I guess the shine is off the event.

I really wish some new members would join us. The riding is truly fantastic and we're not a bunch of yahoos getting into trouble. Although, there have been lamentations over that, we don't need to project that image. I've reached out to the NEDOC group and posted it over there, but no replies. Maybe I should buy a Mini and join them. Or a S2000?
IF the Hyper is ready, I may show up. I really need to sort out the suspension and brakes before I ride the Dragon.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
Tradition has it's value. At the same time, clock is ticking and there are so many places to see and ride. I know a sub-cohort is looking at WVA...
The event is plenty shiny Erik, its just too far if your limited on time. For me (and a bunch of the peeps around me) its 1000 miles to Fontana. Last year we had 7 days, spent 4 days trailering and rode 3 days. This year I have 5 maybe 5 1/2 days. Can't make the math work so I'm one of the sub-cohortees looking at WVa, shaves off two days of trailer slabbing.

ECM is awesome and if had the time I'd def do it again, but not this year unfortunately.

·
Registered
35 Posts
The event is plenty shiny Erik, its just too far if your limited on time. For me (and a bunch of the peeps around me) its 1000 miles to Fontana. Last year we had 7 days, spent 4 days trailering and rode 3 days. This year I have 5 maybe 5 1/2 days. Can't make the math work so I'm one of the sub-cohortees looking at WVa, shaves off two days of trailer slabbing.

ECM is awesome and if had the time I'd def do it again, but not this year unfortunately.
I'm trying to bring some younger, not-yet-members to this one. All ya'll geezers are gettin old with your trikes and unis and touring talk. I know the roads around the Dragon pretty well, any other locals coming this year? Maybe we should diversify the routes to keep things fresh. Lots of non-touristy roads that are plenty twisty around there that not many people know of. PM or reply if there is anything I an do to help!

101 - 120 of 130 Posts