Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

541 - 546 of 546 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
Well I made my own ECM this year with my 18 year old son! Stayed in Tellico and had an awesome time! I sure missed you guys this year.
Damn! Lucky kid!

I'm going back there tomorrow (in FL now) got riding gear in the truck but not sure we gonna have time to pick up the bike from Ben. Just booked camp site at Cades Cove for Monday night, probably gonna pedal the loop before cars get in Tuesday morning, pack up and roll out to hike chimney tops. After that probably drive straight home, depends on what's happening at work.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
How is the colonel today?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Still the same. He’s got a doctors appointment this next week. Symptoms don’t sound like Covid but he’s getting tested.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
Spent the night at Cades Cove, found a kick-ass dirt road in case Dad and Paul still have their panzers at the next ECM
Took these photos this morning, while pedaling through. Cars can't get in till 8 but Bicycles and Hikers are 24/7 so we went in early before the car's spooked all the animals

Fun night in the tent...

·
Super Moderator
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #544
great shots Dmitry! that's bear is a little close for comfort :oops:

·
Registered
4,893 Posts
Spent the night at Cades Cove, found a kick-ass dirt road in case Dad and Paul still have their panzers at the next ECM
Took these photos this morning, while pedaling through. Cars can't get in till 8 but Bicycles and Hikers are 24/7 so we went in early before the car's spooked all the animals
Just a heads up for anyone going to Cades Cove this year, we just received an update last week from The Great Smoky Mountains Assoc. that Cades Cove will be closed to vehicles on Wednesdays. Nobody but hikers allowed.

After seeing all the bears in there I have down through the years, I ain't hiking through.

Reactions: DuckMan

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
Just a heads up for anyone going to Cades Cove this year, we just received an update last week from The Great Smoky Mountains Assoc. that Cades Cove will be closed to vehicles on Wednesdays. Nobody but hikers allowed.

After seeing all the bears in there I have down through the years, I ain't hiking through.
Yup, they were doing late start on Wednesdays (or tuesdays?) but decided to do a study on the impact of vehicle traffic, so Wednesdays are car-free

541 - 546 of 546 Posts