Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

501 - 520 of 546 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #503
this is very sad. I hope they re-open. We'll find a new venue, lotsa places in the area. 2020 is a year for the history books.

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
19,072 Posts
I’d vote for IronHorse Motorcycle Lodge down HWY 28. Or the Tapaco Lodge could be cool. Smaller groups could do something at Blue waters Mountain Lodge off 129.
Iron Horse looks cool but I think Tapaco is too snooty. Not very Motorcycle, drunken parking lot party friendly.

There’s also a nice place on 68 just out of Tellico before getting to Hunts. I’ve seen other motorcycle groups gather there. I’ll have to search for the name.

Bike garages even! Just saw that. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Super Moderator
5,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #506
Lodge at Tellico is terrific, stayed there once. Anyone ever stayed at the Deals Gap place right on the Dragon?

·
Premium Member
3,103 Posts
Lodge at Tellico is terrific, stayed there once. Anyone ever stayed at the Deals Gap place right on the Dragon?
Dennis and I stayed there for years. Until we started coming to ECM. They only have 15 cabins though. Not large enough for our group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
417 Posts
I’ve stayed at DGR as well. It’s a nice motel. Helmet hangers and gear racks in the rooms. As Tripod said, not enough cabins for our group.

It is really fun though to grab a beverage, a camp chair and bike/Ppl watch as they come and go! Soooo much variety and lots of characters too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
I camp here all the time, in fact I'm here now, but there are like 14 rooms (60 people if you stack them) ...
I just asked and next May is wide open.

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
that man gets around...
Dude, this is like first trip this year!
List of cancellations due to COVID-19 is depressing:
*Ski Season (had a Gold Pass to Wachusett and prepaid lessons at Killington
*Havasupai (Grand Canyon) camping trip with a stop in Las Vegas
*Track days/ Penguin school
*3 music festivals and counting
*ECM IIIIVXXXL
*Weekly bicycle rides (2 a week)
*Every Friday night at German Club and Monday night at local brew pub...
----
I used to get around...

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
I just spoke with Tapoco people and they are eager to book some groups, especially Monday-Friday, when the rates are $50 less per room.
Call Valerie for more details

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
*ECM IIIIVXXXL
----
I used to get around...
F'n RICH too! You paying to camp at Havasu? Serious coin.

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
Rescheduled Havasupai reservation for October 2021 (price hike this year, $790 for me and my boy)
I can also reschedule the flight but I have to use it within 12 month, by April 2021. Like a chump I prepaid everything, that was over $800.

Meanwhile reports from paradise, all is well, RSV passed shakedown, only complaint is low clip-ons. I've only done about 50 miles on it since I bought it (and rebuilt, including engine swap) so I was a bit worried, but as you can see I am getting comfy
Killboy pic on the way to overlook, first pass, very stiff, 129 photo is on the way back 10 minutes later
Screenshot_20200614-132310~2.jpg

My kid approved it as well

·
Administrator
12,358 Posts
*ECM IIIIVXXXL
----
I used to get around...
Jess and I did the Havasupai trip a couple of years ago. If you plan to go in the future and have any questions I am happy to try and answer them for you.

Reactions: Dmitry

·
Premium Member
4,815 Posts
Jess and I did the Havasupai trip a couple of years ago. If you plan to go in the future and have any questions I am happy to try and answer them for you.
I'm sure I will, in 2021...Couple of my friends, independent of each other went in the fall of 2019 and I realized that it's been limited, when I first heard abut it I think you could just hike in whenever and not camp, now it's $130/day with 3 day minimum.

·
Administrator
12,358 Posts
I'm sure I will, in 2021...Couple of my friends, independent of each other went in the fall of 2019 and I realized that it's been limited, when I first heard abut it I think you could just hike in whenever and not camp, now it's $130/day with 3 day minimum.
The tribe is making a fortune on this little gem. Some will treat you great and some are complete a-holes. The overall experience is really good as I am sure your friends told you.

501 - 520 of 546 Posts