Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
481 - 500 of 564 Posts
Thanks for the feedback. Years ago I discovered that the more technical and thus faster I was at a trackday, the less enjoyable it became. I think that's the reason I shy away from Golf too. This was the first, ever motorcycle trackday at Tamworth. Its so much different than the other New England tracks. I've experienced Louden, Palmer and Caanan. None prepare you for how wide Tamworth is! Everyone was all over the place including me! lol It was great to be part of everyone's learning curve.

I think it's great that you're doing trackdays.
But...
You really need to have someone show you the lines around that track, or at least instruct you on the proper use of apexes.
... Its so much different than the other New England tracks. I've experienced Louden, Palmer and Caanan. None prepare you for how wide Tamworth is!
It is really wide! I'm by no means a track expert, but in @idinmaine's defense, it is nearly impossible to take proper racing lines without performing illegal passes. In group B @ Fishtail, inside passing is prohibited on all corners, even corners that are 80' wide (its a car track by design). So if you see a slower rider ahead and plan to overtake, you have to plan your line accordingly.

In some ways that's the most frustrating thing about Tamworth. Given the wide range of rider skill/speed, riding the line you want to ride is not always possible w/o risking getting meatballed.

It's worth noting that instructors are exempt from this rule and I've had a few make 'bad passes' when I wasn't expecting it.

It is really wide! I'm by no means a track expert, but in @idinmaine's defense, it is nearly impossible to take proper racing lines without performing illegal passes. In group B @ Fishtail, inside passing is prohibited on all corners, even corners that are 80' wide (its a car track by design). So if you see a slower rider ahead and plan to overtake, you have to plan your line accordingly.

In some ways that's the most frustrating thing about Tamworth. Given the wide range of rider skill/speed, riding the line you want to ride is not always possible w/o risking getting meatballed.

It's worth noting that instructors are exempt from this rule and I've had a few make 'bad passes' when I wasn't expecting it.
That's a good point that I wasn't aware of. There were a few places in that video where if he did take the correct line, he would have blown right passed guys easily. Now I see why.

That's what I get for speaking out of turn, no pun intended, haha.

Dave

Reactions: Slowdive
Here's a visual about how it's width is a challenge. This is turn 6 @ Tamworth. Its ~130 ft wide! If there is a rider riding that red line (pretty much a given) and you're the blue dot the corner is kinda ruined.

More ECM nostalgia. These are from seven years ago.

Attachments

More ECM nostalgia. These are from seven years ago.
I think I was supposed to go with you that year but something came up. I was in Arizona at the time and you were going to swing by and pick me up, if I remember correctly.

I shoulda gone. Looks like a good time for sure.

I'm in SoCal now, even further away.....

Dave

Reactions: redpato
I think I was supposed to go with you that year but something came up. I was in Arizona at the time and you were going to swing by and pick me up, if I remember correctly.

I shoulda gone. Looks like a good time for sure.

I'm in SoCal now, even further away.....

Dave
I do remember that you were to go with me and something changed. Where in SoCal are you located? I’m in La Mirada. And since you’re nearby, you should join us for next Month’s WCM.

Reactions: scott
I do remember that you were to go with me and something changed. Where in SoCal are you located? I’m in La Mirada. And since you’re nearby, you should join us for next Month’s WCM.
I'm in Temecula now. Just moved out here about three years ago. I'm selling my Yamaha FZ-10 and I already bought a Hypermotard 939SP. Back in the Ducati lifestyle.

I kind of looked into checking out the WCM2020 but it seems so uncertain with the Rona and all. I'll keep an eye out and hopefully it all goes well and still take place. I'll see what I can do about coming out. I already have a luggage set-up for the Hyper.

Dave

I'm in Temecula now. Just moved out here about three years ago. I'm selling my Yamaha FZ-10 and I already bought a Hypermotard 939SP. Back in the Ducati lifestyle.

I kind of looked into checking out the WCM2020 but it seems so uncertain with the Rona and all. I'll keep an eye out and hopefully it all goes well and still take place. I'll see what I can do about coming out. I already have a luggage set-up for the Hyper.

Dave
I recently called the resort where we're staying and they said they are open, waiting for us to arrive. Graeagle is a great place to stay, great riding in the area, great group of people to hang out with.

Confirmation that Fontana Village is out of business.

481 - 500 of 564 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.