Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
461 - 480 of 564 Posts
Oh man it’s beautiful from what I saw. It’s just all the iron barriers and rock walls on the outside of some of the turns that look nasty for motorcycles. I know, I’m just a wussy. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tamworth is some serious fun! The tarmac is very sticky and drainage around the track is superb if you get hung out on a rain day. The multiple elevation changes make it very challenging. There is a fair amount of Armco so maybe you 7 or 8/10's in those areas.
All in all a great track! Can't wait to do back to back days there in June !

Discussion starter · #464 ·
I've done about 110 laps there and the fear of getting maimed is what makes it exciting.

In all seriousness it's an awesome track with absolutely perfect tarmac. There are some locations you wouldn't want to go down but they are far and few between.
I prefer to stay on in all the locations, thank you very much.
:)

Reactions: DuckMan
I know the cameras distort distances and it hard to judge from that but that Armco stuff would have me running at a street pace. You all have fun and be careful. I wish I could be there. :)

Worst local track is Thompson, after that anything seems safe.
Guessing I missed the boat on 6/15-16 track day?
Itching to go, Bike is ready, Not a Duc but it's a 90º twin!
Was ripping up and down the street and some dude came out from the industrial looking building "what model Ducati is it? I have one, sounds just like it!!"
I was kinda skeptical, he had never heard of SV, ever, also dressed like a homeless guy...
Turns out he has a Panigale and a Ferrari! And works for a living!

Anyway, point is, I can fit in with cool kidz, just need some large Ducati logos on the side, and I just happen to know a guy who makes them

Loading up today got a track day tomorrow. But the weather outlook is crappy. Probably rain all day. So I may get some practice in with the rain tires. :)

Discussion starter · #472 ·
today was a memorable moto day. early afternoon 2-up into town on the GS for a little picnic with the wife at the Boston Public Garden. then a late afternoon back roads rip on the Tuono. light traffic and perfect weather. one of those days where you just appreciate the joy of being able to ride.

Worst local track is Thompson, after that anything seems safe.
Guessing I missed the boat on 6/15-16 track day?
Itching to go, Bike is ready, Not a Duc but it's a 90º twin!
Was ripping up and down the street and some dude came out from the industrial looking building "what model Ducati is it? I have one, sounds just like it!!"
I was kinda skeptical, he had never heard of SV, ever, also dressed like a homeless guy...
Turns out he has a Panigale and a Ferrari! And works for a living!

Anyway, point is, I can fit in with cool kidz, just need some large Ducati logos on the side, and I just happen to know a guy who makes them

View attachment 986071
You could kick field goals thru those stanchions!

Tamworth is a good time. (maybe an understatement)

I think it's great that you're doing trackdays.

But...

You really need to have someone show you the lines around that track, or at least instruct you on the proper use of apexes. I'm not trying to be a jerk, I would just like to see you get more out of it.

Hitting the apex of each corner will allow you to carry more speed safely, and keep you from running so close to the outside of the track on exit. Plus, you will be able to continue increasing the throttle so as to properly load the rear tire.

I'll stop here because you may already know this stuff and I don't want to sound condescending. That's not my intention at all.

Dave

461 - 480 of 564 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.