Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

241 - 260 of 496 Posts

·
Hammer Down
1,632 Posts
I suspect if this drags on too long, many people are gonna say screw it, if I get it I get it. I think for more populated areas this is a bigger issue. Some people here are still driving to work, grocery store lots are packed with people trying to find the things they need and the greenway parking lots are packed with people trying to get out of the house and

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Spring is here, I was wondering why so early this year, apparently because leap years and then leap year corrections it's the earliest spring this century, or something like that...

Is it May yet ?

One of my buddies just floated the idea about going to the Gap in the next few weeks, he is tattoo artist, so probably closed shop. I still have work but I can take a long weekend off... I would prefer to camp, not sure weather is warm enough for that
If you want to camp, stay at Hunt’s campground on the Tellico Plains side great people nice facilities. Tell him I sent you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bon Vivant
10,742 Posts
The reality is that there is no end to this thing in sight right now - there is no vaccine and no way to combat the spread beyond isolation and people who ignore that are not just taking a personal chance they risking polluting the whole system and put their friends neighbors and loved ones at risk. Saying "screw it" is extremely selfish and irresponsible.

·
Premium Member
3,087 Posts
Still hoping for ECM they are closing all accommodations and the good roads

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,855 Posts
I’m tell’n you guys. Let’s move this shit to Tennessee. The Devil’s Triangle makes The Dragon seem simple and for beginners.

Or Jennings, Fl. Absolutely the most fun you can have on a motorcycle. :)

We could rent the track for a week easily and probably even have guest instructors. I could teach the over 60 class. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Hammer Down
1,632 Posts
With Graham County closing down accommodations, maybe they can pay any associated fees or loss of deposit...?

·
Super Moderator
26,448 Posts
"ATTENTION: Counties in western North Carolina are shutting down all accommodations along with road closures. At this time, all accommodations in the Robbinsville, North Carolina area (Graham County) will be closed on Monday 3/23 at noon. Graham County will also be closing roads starting Friday 3/27 , only residents or those working in Graham County will be allowed in/out. This includes the Cherohala Skyway in North Carolina.
The Tail of the Dragon/Killboy store and Deals Gap Motorcycle Resort (DGMR) are in Swain County, North Carolina, which currently does NOT have accommodation or road closures."

Fontana Lodge IS in Graham County and unless everything blows over by early May, this just ended ECM. :(

·
Super Moderator
26,448 Posts
"Latest news from the park, as of Mar. 22: Park Modifies Campground, Picnic Area, and Restroom Operations to Implement Latest Health Guidance
Great Smoky Mountains National Park officials announced that campgrounds, picnic areas, and restrooms will be closed on Monday, March 23 through Thursday, April 30, in a continuing effort to support federal, state, and local efforts to slow the spread of the novel coronavirus (COVID-19)..."

·
Registered
849 Posts
I’m tell’n you guys. Let’s move this shit to Tennessee. The Devil’s Triangle makes The Dragon seem simple and for beginners.

Or Jennings, Fl. Absolutely the most fun you can have on a motorcycle. :)

We could rent the track for a week easily and probably even have guest instructors. I could teach the over 60 class. :)

Are you serious?? There is a highly contagious pandemic spreading around the world that will leave thousands dead and will decimate most economies and you want to play motorbike in TN.
Wake the F#$k up man

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,855 Posts
Learn how to post properly if you want people to take you seriously.

·
Super Moderator
5,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #256
hey Ian, lighten up, DuckMan has been an integral (or at least interesting) part of most (all?) of these meet-ups. We're trying to keep a sense of humor, albeit sometimes gallows humor, in these dark times. I for one am heading out for my daily ride, it's fun tooling around Boston while traffic is so light!

And obviously, stay safe people. This shit is scary.

241 - 260 of 496 Posts