Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

61 - 80 of 2400 Posts

·
Hammer Down
1,595 Posts
I just made mine and got my special room for the 5’th thru the 12’th.

Oh, and I got it for $96 per night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Just made mine too. May 5 thru May 10 with a wait list if Saturday May 4 opens up. I was told the rooms under the cabanas are considered just regular rooms at the regular lodge price.
Who did you talk to b/c they're telling me it's $133 a night for a Cabana?

·
Retired Pipe Polisher C2H6O+
18,071 Posts
Maybe that’s it. I always get first floor. Not a pool side.

·
Hammer Down
1,595 Posts
I currently have a poolside room in the lodge. Figured that was a safe bet for the time being until I talk to Layla/Lana tomorrow. The lady tonight (with a strong enough southern accent I couldn’t understand) said she wasn’t sure about the rate other than what the computer told her.

·
Super Moderator
5,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
if it can be imagined, it can be created...

DATES: Monday, May 6 - Sunday, May 12, 2019

-HOTEL:Fontana Village Resort 800-849-2258 -Fontana Dam North Carolina- www.fontanavillage.com- ask for ducati.ms group* rate

-OTHER STUFF: TBD

-Attendees (copy the header, add your name at the bottom.. if you drop your friends we will drop you too)

1. Tripod
2. Woody
3. t-bills
4. Yorik
5. Duckman
6. Gadgetech
7. Chuck racer
8. Dmitry
9. The Colonel (Mama says no minibikes this year!)
10.Flynnmon
11. BigRed
12. Dadridesagain (he hopes)

·
Official Retired Person
7,145 Posts
DATES: Monday, May 6 - Sunday, May 12, 2019

-HOTEL:Fontana Village Resort 800-849-2258 -Fontana Dam North Carolina- www.fontanavillage.com- ask for ducati.ms group* rate

-OTHER STUFF: TBD

-Attendees (copy the header, add your name at the bottom.. if you drop your friends we will drop you too)

1. Tripod

2. Woody

3. t-bills

4. Yorik

5. Duckman

6. Gadgetech

7. Chuck racer

8. Dmitry

9. The Colonel (Mama says no minibikes this year!)

10.Flynnmon

11. BigRed

12. Dadridesagain (he hopes)

13. NCGT1000, aka Kneel, Neele, Neil, Kneale, . . . (or just what is on my birth certificate - Neal)

·
Official Retired Person
7,145 Posts
So my beautiful bride and I were looking to make vacation plans for next year. We found a camp ground on the beach in SC that looked like a great spot to spend some time for her birthday. When we found that the only week open was the same week of ECM, she quickly said to pick another week. She didn't want me to miss ECM! I've got a beautiful bride, right?

Plus, I get my lucky number 13. Woot, woot!

·
Registered
95 Posts
You are a very lucky man unlike some of us here lol. I am going to see if my wife approves. I will probably come for the weekend.

·
18,071 Posts
Come early if you can. By the weekend everyone’s either burned out or pooped out or hungover or crashed. :)

The best riding is during the week. True story. :)

·
18,071 Posts
Jest trying to remember, of the people on the list who besides Kneil, Big Red and I were at ECM 1?

·
Super Moderator
26,045 Posts
Me! :) Varmitcong picked me up from the airport, put me up for the night, let me drive his car to dialysis, brought us to Fontana in his truck and trailer and let me ride his hyper for the weekend. Plus, as an added bonus, took me on a completely terrifying ride to the airport!
That Varm-dude. He's alright.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Haha sounds like a great time minus the crashing.
Anyone going that lives in the northeast? Do most of you guys trailer your bikes there?

·
18,071 Posts
There’s a group from up that way. I’ll bet you could hook up with someone. Someone from up there will chime in.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
I've been twice(#VII and IX, or was it IV,Dmitry). Trailered down from VT both times. I would like to ride down one of these times but there's usually time limitations that make trailering more viable. Dadridesagain has mentioned parking at the top of the BRP and riding down from there in the past.
In a perfect world , I would take 2 weeks, ride any twisty roads available from VT to Front Royal,VA
Take Skyline to BRP to Fontana, meet and ride with ECMers , and head back thru W.Virginia(I've heard there's great riding there as well).
The nice thing about trailering is you can pack all the stuff you may need, the weather can fluctuate greatly (had some flurries on the Cherahola at ECM VII), good to have extra layers/rain gear not limited to what you can carry on your bike...
my 2¢...

61 - 80 of 2400 Posts