Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2361 - 2380 of 2400 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,361
thanks guys, and yes Chuck I'm taking her out daily for local jaunts, probly got 350 miles so far. Handles like a dream and her exhaust note gives me a partial every time I fire her up. The only negative I can even conjure up is lame gas mileage. But I sure love having more horsepower than I need, such a beast. :)

oh yeah, after staring at photos for weeks I decided I liked red wheels and some contrast in the livery, so bargained for an in-stock Factory, saved a few hundred bucks and am riding now instead of waiting for the Summit Attack special edition (exact same bike with a badge and matte black paint).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
The only negative I can even conjure up is lame gas mileage.
I remember everyone was complaining when V4 came out that tank is only good for 100 miles, I once managed to get 205 miles out of mine on the way to ECM, was "hyper-miling" the entire stint knowing that I would have to stretch the mpg's, usually I hit the pumps at 175 miles to be safe, 44mpg if I'm not ripping wheelies.

Also while everyone was busy buying new shiny stuff I got myself a new toy, best I could afford... backup Ape for my Ape :)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,365
Please, tell me more, I was just thinking that I'm due for a track day :)
Both through Fishtail (my fave), Palmer is on 8/26, and Tamworth is on 9/23 (it's a special invitation thing, I emailed Tim and put in a good word so he'll probably email you the details).

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
I remember everyone was complaining when V4 came out that tank is only good for 100 miles, I once managed to get 205 miles out of mine on the way to ECM, was "hyper-miling" the entire stint knowing that I would have to stretch the mpg's, usually I hit the pumps at 175 miles to be safe, 44mpg if I'm not ripping wheelies.

Also while everyone was busy buying new shiny stuff I got myself a new toy, best I could afford... backup Ape for my Ape :)

The twin gets better mileage.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
Handles like a dream and her exhaust note gives me a partial every time I fire her up..

My buddy in NY just put a pipe on his, RAVING about how much better it got, linear power and very stable fuel mix throughout the rev range (he knows bikes, does some LSR stuff)

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,368
My buddy in NY just put a pipe on his, RAVING about how much better it got, linear power and very stable fuel mix throughout the rev range (he knows bikes, does some LSR stuff)
well speak of the devil, look who showed up at my place and is virtually shredding the track:)

Attachments

·
Bon Vivant
10,214 Posts
Since this thread has taken a tangent to the Tuono Just wanted to let you know that I removed the muffler cat combo and replaced it with a zard RSV4 slip-on and used Guzzidiag to flash the ecu with the factory race tune. The results were nothing short of transformational.

I'm not sure if the 2019 ECU tune is available yet but the whole process was pretty straight forward. If you are interested I might be able to dig up the instructions that someone on the Aprilia forum sent me but You'll have to verify that a flash for the latest TV4 is available.

·
Super Moderator
5,237 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,372
sounds like a terrific mod. I'll consider an exhaust down the road, for my purposes it takes overkill to the next level...but sure does look and sound cool. I'd wonder about passing sound check, though Fishtail seems pretty easy on that, they just say "don't rev it over X".

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
I know this thread is all over the place, so here's some more almost unrelated stuff:

Remember the Wonway bear incident? Thought he might relate to that

I loaned my bike to this cool chick because her's was stolen on day 3(?) of her cross country tour and she was basically SOL (time off, reservations, not to mention life-long dream) long story short, she rode my BMW to Portland, down the coast and back, I think 10,000 miles total in about 8 weeks, hitting all the national parks and some amazing roads, went through the Gap and maybe second to last day of the journey she was on Blue Ridge in VA when a Bear came running across the road and she NAILED IT! Not very fast, but enough to send it flying. Most amazing thing is she didn't crash, kept the bike straight and came to complete stop, then dropped it :)

She is fine, Bike is fine, Bear probably pissed and sore, but he didn't stick around to complain...

Even though I insisted on leaving it as is (doh, cool conversation piece "see here, this is a claw marks form a 10' tall grizzly") her and boyfriend ended up replacing and repairing whatever minor damage bike had, polishing and cleaning it to a state that it has not seen since new, also it had full service at BMW dealer along the route, new brakes and tires, they returned bike in far better shape than when it left and threw me a surprise appreciation party last Friday! (shared pic on FB and everyone thought it was my B-Day)

Here she is on my Beemer carving wet Hill :)

[/threadjack]

Attachments

·
Registered
4,527 Posts
What is wet hill?
About half way down The Tail of The Dragon, there's a rising/dropping hairpin corner that has a spring above it that sometimes drools water across the turn, or at least it seeps up out of the roadway.

I can't say I've seen it every time I've been there, but it's usually there in May when we're there the first week.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
It has been raining on and off for 2 days when she went through, remains of the hurricane that hit Louisiana, I can see water on the road and wet tires still she seems to be going faster than most HD's in the dry.

She sent me a bunch of postcards form the road, some kind of app where you upload pics from your phone and do layout design, they print and send the post cards. It was pretty cool to watch her progress and I'm definitely going to do a cross country ride soon, been long time dream, seeing her do it is the last nudge... I may have to split it up in few segments where I leave the bike somewhere for few month and fly home, come back later and ride another leg...

Attachments

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
I loaned my bike to this cool chick because her's was stolen on day 3(?) of her cross country tour and she was basically SOL (time off, reservations, not to mention life-long dream) long story short, she rode my BMW to Portland, down the coast and back, I think 10,000 miles total in about 8 weeks...
You lent someone your bike and they put $10k miles on it! Did you at least get a fresh set of tires and a valve job out of it? :wink2:

Honestly, I just don't have the moto touring gene. Sitting or riding on anything for that many hours in two months sounds painful.

·
Premium Member
4,659 Posts
You lent someone your bike and they put $10k miles on it! Did you at least get a fresh set of tires and a valve job out of it? :wink2:

Honestly, I just don't have the moto touring gene. Sitting or riding on anything for that many hours in two months sounds painful.
Got it back with new brakes, tires, meticulously detailed, one of the side cases fell off on a highway last year (user error, installed in the dark and must have missed the latch) so it was pretty rashed, they refinished both sides to match, like I said before, bike looked better than I've ever seen it.
They ended up replacing front fender and it had Dragon sticker on it, somehow they got exactly same one (must have had it mailed) and placed it in exactly same spot.

It's a BMW so valve job is pretty easy, I just did it past winter anyway, one of the reasons I gave her that bike because it was just serviced: valves, plugs, filters, ABS flush...

2361 - 2380 of 2400 Posts