Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2321 - 2340 of 2400 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
It's my number one pick to replace my beloved KTM. I don't trust any Ducati newer than ten years old anymore.
However, while the "Only 25" SA bike are cool for their exclusivity, they are kinda boring to look at, at least in the pictures. I think Mike has the best looking year.
Actually I just want his!

Sounds like an Ape would be just what you need to reinvigorate your riding, Chuck! I personally like the special edition black finish more than the typical factory. Never been a huge fan of all the decals and bright colors of the factory. To each his own I suppose.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bon Vivant
10,228 Posts
I would love to see you on a track then. I followed you (few bikes back) on the Chero last year enroute to our excellent lunch at the Tellico Grains Bakery. I couldn't fathom 3x that.

FWIW I spent over $600 to go to ECM for extreme danger riding, the track day seems a bargain. 0:)

BTW... @Yorik says hi!

We were going what - 65 or 70 on that ride? OK so I wouldnt be riding 3x the speed but I'd certainly be pushing myself 3x harder, and my risk with my limited skill would be much greater. I have a lot of years of riding - over 40 and for that amount of experience I'm a slow rider - especially on roads like the dragon. I'm not a fast guy on a track either but we all work within our own limitations.

I like riding behind Chuck because A: he has nothing to prove, B: his smoothness is calming, and C: I feel like I get better just trying to do what he does.

·
Bon Vivant
10,228 Posts
It's my number one pick to replace my beloved KTM. I don't trust any Ducati newer than ten years old anymore.
However, while the "Only 25" SA bike are cool for their exclusivity, they are kinda boring to look at, at least in the pictures. I think Mike has the best looking year.
Actually I just want his!

Chuck there are bikes like mine out there for sale used and they dont hold their value so you could probably nab one for a relative bargain! :wink2:
For now I'm keeping mine but I am scheming a way to acquire one of the new streetfighters. I'll probably have to sell at least one of my bikes (it wont be the Tuono) I have almost a year to figure it out.

(hey it looks like my post count is stuck at 9,999 - Cool!)

·
Administrator
11,848 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
But I didn't pay to ride the Cherohala after I got there, either.

Us non locals paid quite a bit to get there (time & $). :wink2:

Truth is in the NE, you gotta pay for good tarmac. It doesn't present itself in our backyard.

I like riding behind Chuck because A: he has nothing to prove, B: his smoothness is calming, and C: I feel like I get better just trying to do what he does.
I've followed Chuck a few times, and I agree. I also nominate @Yorik as a great ride leader. Very predictable and smooth.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
For now I'm keeping mine but I am scheming a way to acquire on the of the new streetfighters. I'll probably have to sell at least one of my bikes (it wont be the Tuono) I have almost a year to figure it out.
The new SF looks to be a solid candidate to replace my 1299s, but probably not til 2021. That is of course if Euro 5 doesn't ruin that plan.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Many thought Euro 4 would be the demise of fun. I don’t like the strict mandates on such low volume production vehicles like large capacity motorcycles (compared to passenger vehicles and scooters/mopeds churned out by the missions.) But manufacturers don’t seem to be slowing down the fun factor any w/big power bikes.

2004 Ducati ST4s ABS “Senna”
2002 Yamaha FZ1

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
Gee. Thanks. But I'm nowhere close to Chuck's level. I'm slow.

So, when are you guys coming out the Catskills for a ride? I know a road.
I'm coming tomorrow...

Also got Packtalk Bold, holy crap, reading pairing instructions makes my brain hurt... Sena Mesh you just turn it on and anyone can join the party...

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
I'm coming tomorrow...

Also got Packtalk Bold, holy crap, reading pairing instructions makes my brain hurt... Sena Mesh you just turn it on and anyone can join the party...

@Yorik and I tried to pair a Sena and a Packtalk Bold @ ECM. If your trying to pair with him forget the instructions on bluetooth pairing on the packtalk instructions.

The ONLY way you'll be able to do it is if he puts the Sena in discovery mode and you connect to him using the phone pairing instructions. Of course you will lose connectivity with your phone unless you somehow figure out how to enable the second bluetooth channel. In the end we bailed b/c using that pairing method I could not bridge the other Packtalk users.

Your welcome, I just saved you and hour of frustration.

·
Premium Member
4,665 Posts
I managed to pair both of my phones to Cardo, tried to pair with another Cardo (G4) but we could not figure out how to get his unit in to pairing mode, was a short ride anyway (1hr) so we managed to get by with hand signals.

Thought about heading for a longer ride Saturday to see Yorik but I stayed up till 4 am Friday drinking and didn't feel safe getting on the bike till 2 PM, so we just went around Pepacton Reservoir, first time I hit back side of it since they repaved it.

Long ride home today, ended up wandering around western Mass, went to Mt. Greylock... I'm spent

2321 - 2340 of 2400 Posts