Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

2261 - 2280 of 2400 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,056 Posts
Hey, you got no complaints from me, I'm all good. Insurance valuation came back and that Bavarian Cow got me $24,931 from Geico! I thought about another Multistrada but I think I'm leaning towards a Triumph Speed Triple RS. Good power, good size (Street Triple is just too small IMO). Just can't get excited about a Monster.

A local dealer has a 2018 Multi 1260 S Touring for sale at $18,999 and when I inquired about the OTD price, they said there was almost $1,500 is freight and setup...lol.

Nothing is certain at this point.

You’ve got enough for a MV Augusta Dragster RC. If you like speed triples, you’ll love this bike!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Bon Vivant
10,226 Posts
Hey, you got no complaints from me, I'm all good. Insurance valuation came back and that Bavarian Cow got me $24,931 from Geico! I thought about another Multistrada but I think I'm leaning towards a Triumph Speed Triple RS. Good power, good size (Street Triple is just too small IMO). Just can't get excited about a Monster.

A local dealer has a 2018 Multi 1260 S Touring for sale at $18,999 and when I inquired about the OTD price, they said there was almost $1,500 is freight and setup...lol.

Nothing is certain at this point.

My next bike will be an Aprilia Tuono V4 Factory. What a machine...:yeah:
I wouldnt give mine up for anything except a newer model.

Check out the reviews and then go ride a new one:

·
Super Moderator
26,010 Posts
Awesome man! Looks like my nearest dealer is only 207 miles from me...I'll pop right over! :wink2:

I'd certainly find a way to take yours off your hands if you think a new model is in your future...:grin2:

·
Bon Vivant
10,226 Posts
Awesome man! Looks like my nearest dealer is only 207 miles from me...I'll pop right over! :wink2:

I'd certainly find a way to take yours off your hands if you think a new model is in your future...:grin2:

Yeah my dealer is over a hundred miles from me too. luckily I haven't needed them much.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I had access to a V4 Tuono for a couple months. Such a wicked machine. Austin Racing exhaust. I was in love. That engine is on another level. It just wasn’t the right package for me at the right time.

Then I found the ST4s....

2004 Ducati ST4s ABS “Senna”
2002 Yamaha FZ1

·
Just Visiting Your Planet
8,384 Posts
So, I modified my fueling map to make it 5% leaner everywhere and loaded it up. I didn't actually take it for a ride, but it fired right up without any hesitation and idled and smelled much better. I think this mod is going to pay off. Anyone who was behind me, admittedly not too many of you ;) will appreciate it.

·
Hammer Down
1,594 Posts
Well I fell off the bandwagon again. So now I guess it’ll be called Achtung Baby Deux (in keeping with the A.B.D. abbreviation.) I was all over on bike options (really isn’t that unusual) but ended up on another Roundel bike, this time without the super tanker option and so far I’m thinking I should’ve chosen this route the first time. It’s about 40 lbs lighter which some of that is due to carrying 2.6 gal. less fuel but its nice not having all that girth and getting to feel the wind. I’ve got 1st service scheduled for next Saturday (6/1) so you know what I’ll be doing the next 2 days.

I’ve ordered engine protection bars and I got GAP this time so *if it happens again I won’t be out as much money. I will say Geico did great on the valuation which helped a lot with this bike purchase.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Shiiiiiiiiit. All this talk about the Hyper SP has me missing my Hyper. Loved that bike, now I have to consider getting another...

If enough of us get one, should we change ECM to ECHSPM?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
5,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,277 (Edited)
Well I fell off the bandwagon again. So now I guess it’ll be called Achtung Baby Deux (in keeping with the A.B.D. abbreviation.) I was all over on bike options (really isn’t that unusual) but ended up on another Roundel bike, this time without the super tanker option and so far I’m thinking I should’ve chosen this route the first time. It’s about 40 lbs lighter which some of that is due to carrying 2.6 gal. less fuel but its nice not having all that girth and getting to feel the wind. I’ve got 1st service scheduled for next Saturday (6/1) so you know what I’ll be doing the next 2 days.

I’ve ordered engine protection bars and I got GAP this time so *if it happens again I won’t be out as much money. I will say Geico did great on the valuation which helped a lot with this bike purchase.

Now that there's a pretty little motorbike.:) . And I don't think you'll miss the 2.6 gal fuel, my tank always lasts longer than my bladder.

·
Hammer Down
1,594 Posts
Congrats!

There is some unfinished business at the Rattler... If I was closer I'd say let's try this again (yet to ride it) perhaps in the fall?
Oh yeah, definitely need a redux!

Now that there's a pretty little motorbike.:) . And I don't think you'll miss the 2.6 gal fuel, my tank always lasts longer than my bladder.
Fuel range on this more than adequate. I’ve only got 330 miles on it. The computer says I’m averaging 50 mpg but I was stuck behind some harleys on the Cherohala today. I’ll verify that at the next fill up. I suspect it’s closer to mid 40s.

·
Hammer Down
1,594 Posts
BTW, had a guy try to block me from passing him in his Jeep on the Cherohala Sunday. Seems to be coming more and more of an issue in that area.

2261 - 2280 of 2400 Posts