Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In case there are opportunities to share the driving, gas, and tall tales...15-ish driving hours go a lot quicker with a co-pilot (even if that co-pilot is texting the whole time, yeah I'm talking to you Dmitry:x).

I'm planning to depart Boston on Sunday 5/6 and would like to be back in Boston on Friday or Saturday.

If I go solo I'll just load the bike in the truck. I've got a 5x8 covered trailer that easily holds 2 bikes. Also happy to piggy back on someone else's truck or trailer if those dates fit.

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
Hey Dad. I'm in a similar situation and also would rather not solo. Sunday depart w/ a Fri/Sat return is perfect. I have a SUV w/ and a Kendon trailer that'll haul 2 bikes. Lets see if anyone else is interested and we can come up with a plan.

·
Official Retired Person
7,489 Posts
I'll be leaving the Raleigh, NC area Tuesday morning, returning Saturday morning. I have a Kendon trailer with an open spot and lots of gear room in the truck.

Do we need to make another list here? >:)

·
Super Moderator
5,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey Dad. I'm in a similar situation and also would rather not solo. Sunday depart w/ a Fri/Sat return is perfect. I have a SUV w/ and a Kendon trailer that'll haul 2 bikes. Lets see if anyone else is interested and we can come up with a plan.
hey that works, and we're neighbors so that makes it easy. If you're up to drive how about I show up at your place around 4am, load my bike on your trailer and leave my truck at your place for the week. Or we load your bike in my trailer and we're off. Guessing your SUV is more comfy and roomy than my Tacoma (and honestly I'd love not driving!), lemme know.

It's 15-ish driving hours so figure 16-18 with gas and potty stops so if we're rolling by 5am we could be checking in at Fontana by Sunday night.

ALTERNATIVELY, and this might be really cool (or suck) if you want an orthopedic challenge...we leave at a more reasonable hour, say 6am, and trailer to Waynesboro, spend Sunday night there, get up early and take the Blue Ridge Parkway to Fontana. If memory serves it was a long but glorious ride, a group of us made it in one shot a few years back. Now that was on a multistrada (my sweet PP), it may be less glorious on a sport bike...

·
Premium Member
1,952 Posts
hey that works, and we're neighbors so that makes it easy. If you're up to drive how about I show up at your place around 4am, load my bike on your trailer and leave my truck at your place for the week. Or we load your bike in my trailer and we're off. Guessing your SUV is more comfy and roomy than my Tacoma (and honestly I'd love not driving!), lemme know.
Perfect...let's take my car. It's pretty comfy and has plenty of space for stuff. I have a good spot for your truck to live for the week.

Ill PM you my email, cell, addy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts