Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an FYI for any of you who use eBay as source for parts and accessories. Two weeks ago I purchased carbon fiber mudguards for my Hyper from Pro Italia in Los Angeles. They claim to the "eBay's largest Ducati store". Well they are either criminal or they internet sales manager should be fired. Never got the product. Never received one reply to the four emails I sent. They never even replied to claim request from PayPal and eBay. The only thing they did do was take my money. I know I should have just went to shift tech but I looked at Pro Italia's site and they looked legit. My bad. Don't make the same mistake I did.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've only heard good things about ProItalia. Never ordered through their EBay site, only via website or phone. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

·
Premium Member
12,388 Posts
Doesn't sound like Pro Italia...

Is the internet 100% fool proof???
I always end an e-mail or somehow try to get in touch and say that I have intentions of doing buisness with the company ...
Usually I get a polite reply and things go smoothly ...
Should take time and try to fix this another way ...
Hope it works out...

·
Registered
36 Posts
I ordered a few things from Pro Italia a few months ago and they were actually quite good to me. There was a 2 month delay on the parts from Italy but the guys kept me up to date on the shipment and when I could expect it. Parts arrived safe and sound in Australia at a good price. Sorry to hear about your troubles. I dealt mainly with Erik T who was great through the whole process, maybe he can help you out?

·
Sophomore Member
3,192 Posts
I've had mixed performances by Pro Italia. The first few times I received courteous, expeditious emails on my orders letting me know where everything stood. Then on the last order I tried to contact the internet sales department numerous times by phone leaving multiple messages and sending multiple emails after not receiving the item nor a shipping notification for quite some time. No response until I sent an email demanding a refund.

Best of luck getting a refund. Try Ducati of Omaha for OEM parts. They have been good to me.

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Doesn't sound like Pro Italia...

Is the internet 100% fool proof???
I always end an e-mail or somehow try to get in touch and say that I have intentions of doing buisness with the company ...
Usually I get a polite reply and things go smoothly ...
Should take time and try to fix this another way ...
Hope it works out...
I did try to work it out. I really have no interest in bad mouthing any vendor. I am a businessman and realize Sh&^ happens BUT you have to keep the customer informed. It could literally be on the slow boat from China but you can't ignore the customer. I sent them four (4) very nice emails politely asking and no response. And, as I mentioned in my initial post, I filed a "did not receive product' claim with eBay/PayPal and Pro Italia did not respond to those either. When I did some further checking into their feedback there are a couple other claims where they just went off the grid.

Again, I am a big boy and this was not meant to be a bitch session. I just wanted others to just consider my experience and maybe as you suggested, they call Pro Italia PRIOR to coughing up the money.

·
Registered
305 Posts
Have you tried calling them?
(818) 249-5707
I've ordered from them several times only through their website though. They do piss me off by not listing parts as either in stock or on back order. It seems like everything I order from them takes a month for me to get

Sent from my Motorcycle iPhone app

·
Premium Member
12,388 Posts
Internet can be such a PITA sometimes...
I ordered a vaccuum cleaner filter cost $60 up here $15 States side ...(shipping included to a parcel pick up depot in Port Huron Michigan)
It was sent to wrong address by post office , took MANY MANY e-mails to sort it out. they went above and beyond to fix it up (store) They did not make any money off of the sale , it cost them to make it right...

I saved $45 it took weeks to get it though....
Good luck .

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Sorry to hear about your problems, I have been dealing with "PI" parts, service, & sales for years, with great results, I would just call them & talk to a live person, & I'm sure they will take care of you, they really are "good" people. Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Have you tried calling them?
(818) 249-5707
I've ordered from them several times only through their website though. They do piss me off by not listing parts as either in stock or on back order. It seems like everything I order from them takes a month for me to get
I have to agree. I have bought stuff on ebay and always call the dealer and talk to the person live. It makes a huge difference as many of these sites may only have one person managing the sales and they can be overwhelmed with all the other sales or even out sick.

And as Trailerpark mentions, Ducati dealerships will sell parts they do not have in stock. And, it can take weeks to get them from Italy.

·
Temporary greeter
23,088 Posts
Would love some more details regarding this transaction as we do not sell anything on ebay. So you are either confusing Pro Italia with someone else or you are dealing with someone impersonating us.

Either way, this is the first time we've heard of this issue so you certainly haven't been dealing with us. Could you please post a link to the ebay auction in question? Thanks.
You may want to check this link out: Ebay – Pro Italia Motorcycles

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
So I researched it further... it seems the item was bought from our eBay account. We haven't used the account since 2009, but never deactivated it. Apparently this item has been listed in our ebay store with the listing set to auto-renew every 30 days and it has done that for the last three years until it was purchased this month. Since we haven't used the ebay account in years nobody monitors the email address associated with it so we never received any correspondence about the order.

Earlier today Mike was on our paypal account and noticed an open dispute, which was about this item. He looked into it and refunded the customer immediately and sent our apologies as this item shouldn't have been listed for sale anywhere with us, especially ebay. We haven't carried this front fender in our stock in well over a year and they aren't available from Ducati.

So my apologies for my original response being inaccurate... I talked to someone at the shop and they confirmed that we don't use ebay. Lesson learned for not deactivating the account. Now I need to find someone who has the login details so I can do so!

Also our apologies for the inconvenience and frustration of buying an item and then not receiving it or any communications about it. I'm sure that wasn't fun, but I'm glad that it is fully resolved.

·
Premium Member
2,352 Posts
Now that is the way a dispute should be handled! A bit of hinky management of the eBay account, but amends and apologies made. Good business sense. Hope this settles the matter with the original poster.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
this whole thread could've been avoided by just picking up the phone and calling.

I too have dealt with pro-italia phone and computer for years and have been very happy with them.

NOW>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> if they could just get ducati to release the service manual for the panigale!! I call them every couple of months to be told they haven't come out yet! :)

·
Premium Member
12,388 Posts
If you are after saving a few $$$ "on line" make sure all is understood from both parties.

I don't like even using credit cards , I prefer cash...Done deal & it don't bounce...etc. etc.
So if you are not using your local dealer, and making them stinking filthy rich...
Yeah Old School right...

Do your due dilligance, send an E-mail and Print all transactions on paper and keep your records on you puter. I do for a couple months after the sales and even after ,when the Item is recieved.

Handing over your info to an invisible internet site and letting a huge buisness handle you hard earned money is taken too lightly these days . A Simple transaction can turn into a PITA...
I am the type of consumer that will walk out of a retail store , and leave items at the check out area , if there is not enough cash register people working.

I won't put up with a poorly run store and give them buisness , there are tooo many struggling buisnesses that appreciate my $$$.
There is a whole line up of buisnesses that will gladly take MY $$$...

A glitch was thrown in and all you had to do was get in touch with a real person...
The buisness screwed up as anyone can expect that to happen , No Big Deal...

Glad it all worked out, A simple communication with the store (maybe before purchasing) and apologies would not have to be offered...
The store apologised now it is someone elses turn, PERHAPS...
Nice to save $$$ but expect delays or less than a person to person experience at the counter...When penny pinching "on Line":)

·
Premium Member
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
A BIG THANK YOU and APOLOGY to Pro Italia.

Yesterday I did receive a detailed and thorough apology from Pro Italia and the money seems to be in the process of being refunded., For whatever reason the eBay listing should not have been there to begin with. A big Thanks to Mike Bortscheller at Pro Italia. He could not have been nicer. I wish it did not take me actually having to hot the boards with the dispute but as many of you know sometimes it feels like you are just 'out there' sending emails into a black hole. I never had a problem with Ebay so this took me by surprise. Anyway, thanks to all for your feedback and suggestions and I apologize as well to Pro Italia. My frustration just got the better of me. You guys did the right thing and I just publicly wanted to THANK YOU for making this right,

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.