Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was surfing around on eBay a couple of days ago and found a swing arm that I a) had never heard of before and b) is being sold out of Japan. Price? A mere $700 and change, plus another $160 and change in shipping.

The manufacturer is engraved in the side as de Light Motorcycle Brothers. Anyone ever hear of them? My guess is Japanese domestic market custom parts but I don't know. The lower case d and e could indicate Germany as the country of manufacture? Fitment is for a 91-97 900SS.

It is an interesting item, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't drop that kinda cash for my current project but......who knows in the future.....sean

·
Registered
405 Posts
That has been for sale for many months (at least twelve). Strangely nothing shows up in a search.
Anyway for that price a 1000DS swingarm is a better option IMO. And for a couple of hundred more a METMACHEX is the ultimate and a work of art.

Cheers.

·
Registered
255 Posts
de LIGHT is a Japanese company that makes aftermarket parts for Italian cars then motorcycles. They've been around since the early '90's. Their offerings are very good. Think of it as a Japanese version of Rizoma.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
de LIGHT is a Japanese company that makes aftermarket parts for Italian cars then motorcycles. They've been around since the early '90's. Their offerings are very good. Think of it as a Japanese version of Rizoma.
Very Cool!! Thanks for responding with real information. Learn something new everyday and I'm glad it was this.....sean

Reactions: Kalyx

·
Registered
620 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,476 Posts
I have this bad habit of finding the best deals when I should not be that is all. I am not planning a thread jack but am at a career crossroad right now...

Belter

If you buy it and hold it for me do I get visitation rights? :wink2:

·
Registered
3,675 Posts
I have this bad habit of finding the best deals when I should not be that is all. I am not planning a thread jack but am at a career crossroad right now... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BN1WwnEDWAM

Belter

If you buy it and hold it for me do I get visitation rights? :wink2:
tease, tease, tease.

we both know we'll never use it, so we could send it to each other yearly to bask in it's coolness as it sits on the shelf. at least it's getting to see the world.

·
Registered
620 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts