Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've bought a few parts off of Ebay for my 748, how do the prices look?

SpeedyMoto Titanium grey triple tree $305
Acculign Rear sets $111.27
PIAA Head lights H1 55w=110w ( or something like that ) $38.00
Ducati steering stem tool $20 shipped.

Also looking at a HyperPro steering damper for 185 (used) but no mounting kit. ( saw kit for 85 on hyperpro website. )

Also picked up EBC HH pads for front and rear plus some motul 5.1 brake fluid from my buddy who works at a ducati dealer.

Also bought some VHT ceramic flat black paint for the exhaust headers.

Now searching for a quick change sprocket carrier and sprocket +2 and a new chain.

any suggestions or comments about what I paid would be cool. thanks

·
Registered
490 Posts
Well that triple clamp from Speedy Moto is 345 new from Portland, not including shipping.

Seems like your prices are good.

I just think ebay is an unpleasant experience.

I sold my old 916 there and had LOTS of email saying things like HEY YOU'RE TRYING TO SCAM US, and HEY HOW MUCH IS THAT I JUST WANT TO KNOW BEOFE I BID, and YOU'RE BIKE IS CRAP, etc... when all I wanted to do was get a fair market value for my beloved 916, which I really didn't want to sell.

I'd rather pay $45 more to buy my trick Speedy Moto/ Acculine/ Cycle Cat bits directly from the store, get it perfectly new and in the colors I want than deal with all the crap on eBay.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I think ebay is great for parts
I built my first bike from ebay for my parts. I live in Aus so buying from the states saved me a shitload. Is was alot easier than having to deal with a bikeshop.
My next bike is completly from the states bar the rear caliper.

I think you got a good deal on your parts

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
Triples--not sure

Rearsets--excellent deal

PIAA--I just don't feel comfortable messing with the weakest part of the desmoquatro (electrics)

Steering tool--can get them a few dollars cheaper, but not much difference.

BTW, I have a Renthal/AFAM quick change carrier, new 520 sprocket (not positive on sizes, I bought a couple), and an extra brand new top-of-the-line DID ERV3 520 chain (gold). Check the classifieds.

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Triples--not sure

Rearsets--excellent deal

PIAA--I just don't feel comfortable messing with the weakest part of the desmoquatro (electrics)

Steering tool--can get them a few dollars cheaper, but not much difference.

BTW, I have a Renthal/AFAM quick change carrier, new 520 sprocket (not positive on sizes, I bought a couple), and an extra brand new top-of-the-line DID ERV3 520 chain (gold). Check the classifieds.
I've heard good and bad things about going to a 520 set up. I was actually going to stick with a 525. What would be the advantage of this?

And the PIAA kits is just the bulbs, i'm not doing anything other then swapping bulbs, should I be that concerned?

·
grand poobah
714 Posts
Part Prices look good to me. I have payed more for like items.
Switching the bulbs should not be a problem. Converting to HID and the balasts is much more involved.
The conversion to 520 is no big deal. The chain is lighter therefore easier to accelerate. The 748 doesnt put out the horsepower that the bigger 916 or 996 do but they have the same chain? I have run 520's on my race bike for years without a problem. The DID chain is quality and the way to go.
Best wishes Brad.

·
Banned
1,224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Part Prices look good to me. I have payed more for like items.
Switching the bulbs should not be a problem. Converting to HID and the balasts is much more involved.
The conversion to 520 is no big deal. The chain is lighter therefore easier to accelerate. The 748 doesnt put out the horsepower that the bigger 916 or 996 do but they have the same chain? I have run 520's on my race bike for years without a problem. The DID chain is quality and the way to go.
Best wishes Brad.
Well I picked up a brand new DID ERV 3 Chain 520 with a front and rear sprocket and quick change carrier kit off of EBAY the chain was 126 shipped. and the Q/C Carrier and two sprockets were 210 shipped. And today I just ordered a red HyperPro damper from kneedraggers for 319 shipped. I'm hoping these were pretty good prices. I read good things about the DID chain.

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Well I picked up a brand new DID ERV 3 Chain 520 with a front and rear sprocket and quick change carrier kit off of EBAY the chain was 126 shipped. and the Q/C Carrier and two sprockets were 210 shipped. And today I just ordered a red HyperPro damper from kneedraggers for 319 shipped. I'm hoping these were pretty good prices. I read good things about the DID chain.
+1 on Kneedraggers
They have always done me well and good prices over all. (not ALWAYS the best price) but very close to ebay pricing.
Customer service is top notch

1 - 8 of 8 Posts