1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
Not going to talk too much smack, since one of the bidders could be a member. Besides convience of getting everything you need in one package. The buyer obvious doesnt know how easy and affordable it is from the dealer. Now I am not being derrogatory, purely observational...but the bidders obviously are not the brightest crayons in the box!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Synergy said:
Not going to talk too much smack, since one of the bidders could be a member. Besides convience of getting everything you need in one package. The buyer obvious doesnt know how easy and affordable it is from the dealer. Now I am not being derrogatory, purely observational...but the bidders obviously are not the brightest crayons in the box!
well it wasnt me who was bidding however i do need one of the peices and those parts total up to be around 130+ not to mention half the time they are back ordered from ducati and are shipping from italy which is a royal pain in the ass. i need the big flat piece which ducati seattle quoted me a price way above what it should be so if anybody has one let me know other wise i will be making one myself out of aluminum.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Synergy said:
That goes with alot of products being sold on Ebay. People will just search for products on Ebay then just order. It's Ebay, it must be the best deal, right?

On a side note There is a Ducati 999 on Ebay for $2400.00 "Buy it Now". Who's going to fall for that?:rolleyes:

I'm in sales and what I have seen is people just want something to work, don't care how much, do not want to research it, and do not want to buy things twice. It's just their personality, not good, not bad, it's just who they are.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
I'd view it this way...

1) All the parts are there so I don't have ot worry about backordering
2) I can have them in less than a week after the auction is over....I won't have ot wait two weeks or longer from my local dealer.
3) The sum of the new parts is more than what the auction will go for.

I haven't looked up the part numbers and prices of those parts, but trust me, they aren't cheap. My race tailsection has all the hardware in it to use the factory lock set-up to hold it in place. I ordered all the parts I needed, and the two rubber bumpers were never in stock and were impossible to get, so I just move them from one seat cowling to the other. Also, I recall one of those brackets retailing for $60.99 or some ridiculous price. Ducati parts are not cheap, but sometimes on eBay, people think they are more expensive than they really are......Like the plastic front brake reservoirs. I've seen them on eBay go for $25 or more when they are something like $12, but......my local dealer never has them in stock and it took two weeks to get them when I upgraded the controls on my 1998 ST2.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Happiness is just a state of mind. A good deal to me might be a rip-off to you. Anyway, who cares... if you can sell it for that, then do! If you can't, then too bad!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts