Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
I wonder what he would have come up with if he was riding a Monster :D :rolleyes:

This kind of eBay ads is starting to become an epidemic...

Doc

·
Still needs a life.
12,619 Posts
He would make more $$$ with an ST as those hard bags offer more surface area to post ads.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
J24Joe said:
Wonder if he got the idea from the "Million $ Web Page" pixel ad student in the UK? ;)

This concept is not new, placing ads on vehicles [recall the bus, cabs, sides of 18 wheelers, etc.].

Here in San Francisco I vaguely recall that they were either renting cars or selling the car for cheap, if you allowed the entire car to be plastered with an ad or ads. I think they were doing this to VW Bugs and Mini-Coopers.

I have seen a few around, but the idea did not seem to go anywhere. There are companies that offer the concept and even some scams promising to get you into a car for free.

http://www.fraudguard.biz/free-car.php

http://www.freecarindex.com/?hop=eristoddle

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
how appropriate for the barge boards that hang on the 999!!!

G

·
0 Posts
i find it hard to believe an ebay bidder is going to actually pay for this...what ebay bidder is going to pay $100+ for someone to put decals on their bike for 60 days? come on, the person wouldn't even know the decals were used..

1. Half the bidders probably won't pay after the auction is over..

2. The other half are probably idiots who can't read and think they're bidding on the bike.. (typical problem on ebay) lol

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
scottrwilliams said:
$810.00 Dollars my friends, I say again $810.00 not worth it but still...
it'll pay for his Spring Break motel/hotel room!.....maybe a bit of beer too!

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
I smell a rat here.

scottrwilliams said:
$810.00 Dollars my friends, I say again $810.00 not worth it but still...
Having been on eBay since 1998 and seen it all, that auction looks like some shill bidding was going on. I have avoided being the victim of shill bidders, meaning sellers who bid on their own auctions to drive up the price.

First, the winner was a new member of sorts, joined eBay in Jan 2005. Since that time he has only completed about 5 auctions of very low priced items, including a $60 and $40 watch.

The winner also has little bidding history on other items. So all of a sudden he decides to pay $810 for advertising of dubious value?

Also, check out the bidders. All were people with zero or negative feedback. This indicates that there was not interest in the auction, so any winner has to be looked at with suspicion too.

There are other things that lead me to suspect that the winner of the auction is the seller bidding on his own auction, but I won't bother you with the details.

Just my opinion. It could all be legit, but I don't think so.

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
maybe we can all pitch in an buy a huge slot on his bike.......let use out imagination and figure out we would like to say

I am voting for one simple word.... pedophile
I would pay if I knew this guy had to ride around with that in huge letter on the side of his bike

·
Bobaganoosh
2,048 Posts
What would have been damn funny is if some frat from UCLA pitched in and won the bid and made GO UCLA,Go Bruins and University of Spoiled Children to plaster all over his bike. For those of you that dont know UCLA and USC are crosstown rivals. This guy is from USC.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Synergy said:
What would have been damn funny is if some frat from UCLA pitched in and won the bid and made GO UCLA,Go Bruins and University of Spoiled Children to plaster all over his bike. For those of you that dont know UCLA and USC are crosstown rivals. This guy is from USC.
That would have been a good idea, if it wasn't for the price shilling. You know the winner had to be him.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts