Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am about to put Heli bars on my ST3. IT looks as though I need to remove the upper triple clamp. Question. To remove the upper triple clamp do you need to remove the steering stem nut?

·
Ducati Designs
1,124 Posts
No. The nut stays, and the upper triple clamp slips off straight up. Just loosen the split clamp screw and wiggle/jiggle it off.

pg
DD

·
Registered
146 Posts
wipe the nut with some silicon lube and then give it a click with your torque wrench at 30 NM after you put the clamp back on, but before tightening the pinch bolts. This is something that should be done time to time anyways, so you may as well take the oportunity to do it, plus you probably loosened the cap nut when you wiggled the triple clamp off. You'll love the Heli bars.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
while you have the top triple off you may want to swap out the stem num for the one from desmotimes that is threaded for a ram ball. it's really usefull once it's there for you. if you get it, get the steering stem nut tool as well. makes life really easy.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Installation Complete

Installation is Complete. Very easy and straight forward.

while you have the top triple off you may want to swap out the stem num for the one from desmotimes that is threaded for a ram ball. it's really usefull once it's there for you. if you get it, get the steering stem nut tool as well. makes life really easy.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts