Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To me this looks like a major disassembly of the forks, triple trees, etc to get the Steering Stem Nut (Ducati calls it a "Ring Nut." #34 here.)

I want to swap it out with one which will allow me to mount a phone holder. Trying to avoid taking apart practically the entire front end.

Thx for your help.

Michael

·
Registered
916 Posts
To me this looks like a major disassembly of the forks, triple trees, etc to get the Steering Stem Nut (Ducati calls it a "Ring Nut." #34 here.)

I want to swap it out with one which will allow me to mount a phone holder. Trying to avoid taking apart practically the entire front end.

Thx for your help.

Michael
No shortcut....it technically sits under the top clamp...got to remove it all

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
SH_T!!!! That wasn't what I wanted to hear. Nonetheless, thx for the confirmation, Buhgaboo

Reactions: Buhgaboo

·
Registered
2,045 Posts
^^^this^^^
Loosen the top triple, the bar risers and the top nut.

You’ll have to move the bars, risers and all associated ancillaries out of the way but once you do, the top triple should come straight up.

Keep in mind that any weight on the forks may cause the top triple to bind on the steering stem.

·
Premium Member
228 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Oh, this is much better news. As I looked at the parts exploded view that was what I was thinking but didn't want to head down that path without being certain.

Thx Guys!
Michael

1 - 6 of 6 Posts