Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any one converted to e85 with a 999s motor and a Microtec ecu?
I'm running hi comp pistons (13:1) and am looking into a hi flo fuel pump but I would love suggestions on sources for hi flow injectors
Let me know if their is any one out their thinking the same as me
Thanks
RichiedD

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So anyone on injector options? I'm surprised no one has any info on this one any info would be great

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I'm a technology teacher and I run and fund a club at the HS I work at. The club is a motorcycle club and we build ground up projects. If you google nisky garage you will find our website of our projects. Any way to answer your question although we are going for a complete re design on the looks of the bike I thought it would be cool to show the kids that we can build something sexy and Eco friendly (well at least it is a renewable fuel it may not be the best for the environment but it is better than gas) also show that e85 builds good hp and costs way less than race gas.
If anyone out their can tell me if they have ever heard of higher flow injectors than stock 999 please let me know.
Thanks

·
Registered
5,187 Posts

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
What about all the other rubber and plastic parts that aren't compatible?

·
Registered
279 Posts
the rubber stuff is not insurmountable. it's not a bad idea. the only thing that would stop be doing it to a bike is the reduced range. not too much of an issue in car conversions but when you are starting with a vehicle that already as a small fuel tank and limited range you may find going E85 makes it a fair bit less practical, especially so if E85 is not available and every service station in your area...

but apart from that it's a good idea. cheaper fuel, more power, arguable enviromental benefits. it's got a lot going for it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
you are right on the range thing but around me thay seem to have alot of stations selling it. I was also planing on using the 2 maps on my microtec one for e85 and one for gas since the microtec can change ignition and fuel it seemed like a simple solution

·
Registered
279 Posts
yeah 2 maps is pretty common here, just switch when you need to go back to regular gasoline. I'm not really familiar with the capabilities of the microtec but here in aus with cars it's now quite popular to run an ethanol content sensor and tune the map to be able to handle any concentration of ethanol from 0% (regular gasoline) right up to E85. no need to do anything, the ECU gets an input from the sensor and moves around the fuel and ignition maps based on that input (can add AFR meter too as an input if you wish as well as the usual RPM/load/MAP inputs).

we mostly use a US made zeitronix meter and sensor.

Zeitronix ECA : SEMA Award Winning Ethanol Content Analyzer and Flex Fuel Sensor for E-85 and E-85/gasoline Blends

1 - 9 of 9 Posts