Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at my options for replacing the fairing bolts with DZUS bolts on my 92 900ss. At the moment, motowheels.com appears to be my only option.

http://www.motowheels.com/italian/myproducts.cfm?parentcategoryid=389%7CTitanium%2C%20Aluminum%20%26%20Specialty%20Fasteners&productID=6667&showDetail=1&categoryID=439|Specialty%20Fasteners&vendoridtodisplay=0&filterFor=&collection=389%7CTitanium%2C%20Aluminum%20

Is there anywhere else that stocks these kits? Could I use a kit for,say, the 748 / 998 instead? Can I just go to the local fastener place and grab some? Where did you get your DZUS stuff from?

regards,
MisterE

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I was seriously expecting kurveygirls to be nothing about motorbikes whatsoever :)

So if I was going to buy from them, which fasteners should I be looking at for a 900ss? I'd hate to have them send the wrong type halfway around the world.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
If there is an aircraft supply company in NZ they should be able to get the Dzus products.But keep in mind there are many sizes available.The ones you probably want to use are the .250".You might try a local airport if they have any maintenance facilities on site too.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the responses. After looking at the Kurveygirl website there are a number of different length DZUS fasteners available. Is anyone out there able to measure the shaft length for me so that I can confirm which one's are right?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts