Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to some slight weather we had here in when Hurricane Michael ripped a hole in my garage roof, all of my Dzus fasteners for my 998R are now rusted and corroded (they were sitting in a pile on the floor and got completely soaked). Luckily all the carbon bits were off in another state getting refreshed and repainted so they survived just fine. The bike itself was off to the side of the garage so it didn't get a drop of water on it.

I'm looking to replace the Dzus bits now and was looking at the ProBolt stuff but didn't know if their 17mm ones are too long for the carbon fairings, or if I need to use the 14mm ones? Anyone have experience with them on the carbon fairings? They seem a bit thinner than the plastic on my 748 but I've never measured the thickness with calipers. I saw a post from a while back with a little conflicting info that someone was able to use the 17mm and another was not.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
kurvey girl/

"Fitting Information for Ducati's 748, 996 and 998 - "Snug" fit Dzus® bolts
This kit provides a "Snug" fit Dzus® bolts
Question: What is the difference between the Snug Fit 12mm Dzus® Bolts and Genuine Ducati Dzus® Bolts? The difference between the two Dzus® bolts is 1mm in grip range and 2mm in bolt length.

The Genuine Ducati Dzus® bolt has a 13mm Grip range, with a shaft length of 17mm.
Snug Fit Dzus® bolts have a 12mm Grip range, with a shaft length of 15mm. (This is 2mm shorter than the Genuine Ducati Dzus® bolts found on the 748, 996 and 998.

If you find you want a SNUG Fit for your Dzus® bolts for your Ducati, then the 12mm Dzus® bolt kits is your best choice.
Note: Inserting carefully is a must as you must get the bolt fully inserted to grip the clip on your Ducati. This will give you a tighter grip that the OEM bolts.
Bright Silver finish is NOT AVAILABLE for the Genuine Ducati Dzus® bolts. So if you want a different colored Dzus® bolt, this is your best option.
Note 14mm Grip Range Dzus® bolts may be "Loose" and come off while riding."
this is the kit you want; https://www.kurveygirl.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=104_63&products_id=206&osCsid=flq99o0gbkasarqs3pra4s7230
note the tops are not flat.hard to find.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
The Kurveygirl ones are identical (or indistinguishable) from the originals. I keep a clean stash on hand for when the sacrificial plating starts looking too tired.

·
Premium Member
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Kurveygirl ones are identical (or indistinguishable) from the originals. I keep a clean stash on hand for when the sacrificial plating starts looking too tired.
Ah, I was thinking about going to stainless but this is probably the easiest route and less headache with knowing they'll definitely work. I'll go that route now, haha.

·
Mayor of Simpleton
4,882 Posts
Ah, I was thinking about going to stainless but this is probably the easiest route and less headache with knowing they'll definitely work. I'll go that route now, haha.
Yeah, fit is always perfect and having original type stuff like these makes a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts