Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I managed to bust off two of the extra long LT Dzu's in an attempt to get my ST's fairing back on. Does anyone have any tips so that I don't bust a few more before it goes on smoothly? I figure that once the steel bracket has bent to shape the fasteners will fasten more easily. .

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Just have to make sure it's all lined up. An allen wrench through all the holes can help. The brackets can easily get misaligned when shoving the side panels back up into place between the nose fairing and brackets. 17mm dzus is what you need iirc for your replacements.

·
Registered
2,794 Posts
Oh. Then what I do is, with the dash covers removed, I reach in behind the bracket and push it closer to the panel I'm trying to get the dzus back in to (or where ever I can get my hand behind it). Elementary my dear Watson. ;)

·
Registered
155 Posts
More

Hand pressure from behind works, if you can find a way to get in there. And that seems to work for two of the four Dzus in the typical ST conversion. I have the same general problem when reattaching the fairing w/Dzus.

Check the DT forum. LT posted a comment regarding what to do if problems arise. Go check it out (may involve some searching). The solution involves bending a tang. Can't remember the exact bendy part, but I'll check it out myself and bend said bendy part when the time comes (24k adjust coming soon). Good luck. Oh, and I bought two extra Dzus 'just to have' if a tip breaks or somebody boosts them. At least I'll be able to get home. Sure, other McGuyver solutions could be thunk up on the spot (zip tie, bic pen, etc.).

NOTE: I think the 19mm Dzus are used for the four fasteners holding the main fairing to the top fairing and 17mm used elsewhere.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts