Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my SS1000 about 3 weeks ago, and besides loving the shit out of it, I haven't explored it's innerds yet. I opened up the tank, and under it, is a Dynojet Power commander. Its all hooked up and what not, the dealer didn't even tell me about it, but I'm not sure what the damn thing does, or if I should even have it in there. And opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Geo

·
Registered
241 Posts
I just bought my SS1000 about 3 weeks ago, and besides loving the shit out of it, I haven't explored it's innerds yet. I opened up the tank, and under it, is a Dynojet Power commander. Its all hooked up and what not, the dealer didn't even tell me about it, but I'm not sure what the damn thing does, or if I should even have it in there. And opinions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Geo

The Power commander is basically a parallel ECU for adjusting (fine-tuning) fuel delivery, you can load a ready made fuel map in but it's best to adjust it on a dyno.
Any mods on the bike like slip-ons exhaust, air filter or air filter box lid?
Yeap, the SS1000DS is an awesome bike, enjoy!!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The Power commander is basically a parallel ECU for adjusting (fine-tuning) fuel delivery, you can load a ready made fuel map in but it's best to adjust it on a dyno.
Any mods on the bike like slip-ons exhaust, air filter or air filter box lid?
Yeap, the SS1000DS is an awesome bike, enjoy!!!
I do have Termi full exhaust kit, everything else is stock. Looks like I'm going to have to fiddle and find some maps and what not. Thanks for the input! I do love it, best bike I've ever owned :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
I do have Termi full exhaust kit, everything else is stock. Looks like I'm going to have to fiddle and find some maps and what not. Thanks for the input! I do love it, best bike I've ever owned :)
You most likely only have slip-ons, Termignoni never made a full exhaust system for the SS1000 as far as I know, Sil Moto makes a full system.

http://www.ducati.ms/forums/57-supersport/122802-sil-moto-header.html

If the existing Map is a custom one created on a dyno you don't really need to fiddle with it, try to find out from the previous owner because loading a "generic" map might end up worst that it is right now.

·
Excel Addict
2001 900SSie
5,345 Posts
If the existing Map is a custom one created on a dyno you don't really need to fiddle with it, try to find out from the previous owner because loading a "generic" map might end up worst that it is right now.
I agree 100%

The PowerCommander for your model allows adjustment of injector duration - aka fuel mapping.

If done by someone with a dyno AND knowing what they are doing then performance, fuel economy or some combination can be mapped to suit in the PC.

As far as I know the PC for your model is fuel only, not ignition timing, which also influences performance when you start adding goodies like cans, headers, open air boxes, porting etc. I.e. it is more than just fuel.

I urge you to take the advice from konstantin690 and not change anything nor "play" with anything nor download generic "maps" until you find out from the PO what was done.

Alternatively find a Dynojet tuner and run it up on their dyno to check fuelling, torque, power and air fuel ratio. If you love it as is, then ride it as is for a while, then start digging deeper.

In the meantime enjoy - lovely bike.

Richard

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yep I agree with Punch if it's been custom mapped and runs like it should, I'd leave well enough alone.
Took a little while to get mine dialed, but she runs great now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts