Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, looking at powercommanders and I see that for 2009 bikes they will sell you a PC V that will automap the bike with a special sensor. A 2008 bike is still speced as using a PCIII.

are there any differecnces to the 2008 / 2009 motor / electrics that would mean my '08 could not use the PCV? looks pretty snazzy

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
So, looking at powercommanders and I see that for 2009 bikes they will sell you a PC V that will automap the bike with a special sensor. A 2008 bike is still speced as using a PCIII.

are there any differecnces to the 2008 / 2009 motor / electrics that would mean my '08 could not use the PCV? looks pretty snazzy
I don't know the answer to your question, but bazazz does that automapping. friend has one for his R6. It works nice.

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
did some digging and i'm 99.9% certain it would work. the automapping thing is funny tho, the only place you'd be able to do a full map is on the dyno or the track. no one can do 100% throttle opening for the whole rev range in every gear!

·
Registered
542 Posts
Its been quite a few months since I attended a Bazzaz seminar so I may not have this absolutely correct, but...

The Bazzaz will build a map the unit thinks is best suited to the way you rode your bike in the environment you were riding it in while in Learning Mode. This environment could be either the street or the track. Theoretically, this would yield a more perfect map for you. The Bazzaz can hold more than one map allowing one to have a more idealized map for both.

They have not completed work on their Ducati applications as yet. No unit is expected to be available for us until sometime in 2010 at earliest.

I have a lot less to share about the new new Dyno Jet offering. It seems as if they have taken a similar approach.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts