Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
It is a streetfighter

How is that an error? :confused: Looks like tasteful mods to a streetfighter to me. I don't prefer the Monster headlight, but I like that exhaust better.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Wonder where we can see better photos of that exhaust??? looks interesting.

·
Bon Vivant
11,417 Posts
If you want to get technical that is not a streetfighter with tasteful mods -
It's a photochop of a streetfighter - you can find it in this forum about six months back.

If you want to see that exhaust look in the old Monster DP catalog, it's the Termi shorty that mounts to the S4/S2 utter (cat)

·
IHMC Est. 2010
2,017 Posts
If you want to get technical that is not a streetfighter with tasteful mods -
It's a photochop of a streetfighter - you can find it in this forum about six months back.

QUOTE]

Ah.... such trickery. I was duped but again.

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
WTF noone ever checked the image they uploaded???????
the photo is as screenshot taken by a flash program that someone made where you can change the color of the bike, headlight, exhaust and mirrors!

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Oops! my eyes must be failing me....... looks like lack of attention to detail from them..... not such a good sign really.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
It's okay - in our Ducati dealer software I once ran across a photoshop image I did of the 696. They used it for some reason on the ARCO software where all dealers go to find the parts diagrams.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I would note that according to the Dynojet page referenced, the PCV works on the SF at low RPM and throttle positions ONLY if you have a DP ECU, as is supplied with the either the carbon (not the titanium) Termi slipons, or the full system in the US. This implies that the DP ECU supplied with these systems bypasses the Lambda (oxygen) sensor inputs, even though they are still mounted in the exhaust, and connected to the ECU. Thus the PCV is able to fully modify the fuel mixture even at these low RPM's/throttle openings with this ECU in place, because it is always running OPEN LOOP.

No catalytic converter => no need for closed loop operation.;)

·
Registered
1,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
im not sure that the "open loop" operation applies for the slip-ons as well.

it can definately running open loop when it comes to a full termi with DP ecu but thats not for sure when a slip on is installed.

i had a kawasaki with FULL akrapovic RACE system with PCIII usb installed and it could work both in an open or closed loop operation.

If i wanted it to work as an open loop and map full RPM width then i should remover the O2 sensor and install a dynojet O2 sensor elliminator that came as an add on.

If i did that, then when i was driving with constant RPM over 5.000 then the FI indicator lite up! Thats was definitely a con but the benefits from the open loop operation was so many that i didnt care so much...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts