Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm going in finally for my dyno tune on my 796. Anyone know if anything I should ask? Should I take in the db killers and should put 14t front back on ? I'm currently running 15t front because I do alot of highway driving and rpm's are alot lower at 75 mph . They are around 4800 at 75 with 14 and 4100 with 15

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
So I'm going in finally for my dyno tune on my 796. Anyone know if anything I should ask? Should I take in the db killers and should put 14t front back on ? I'm currently running 15t front because I do alot of highway driving and rpm's are alot lower at 75 mph . They are around 4800 at 75 with 14 and 4100 with 15
If you want higher HP numbers, leave on the taller 15t gearing, it will show higher numbers.
Have them do a dyno run with the db killers in & out, you might find higher HP with the db killers "in" Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Alex !!
Been wondering if there would be a happy medium by changing rear sprok? I feel with 14t font on the highway my rpm is too high at 75 (around 4600-4800) but love the around town feel. Would a larger rear be somewhere in the middle ?

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Thanks Alex !!
Been wondering if there would be a happy medium by changing rear sprok? I feel with 14t font on the highway my rpm is too high at 75 (around 4600-4800) but love the around town feel. Would a larger rear be somewhere in the middle ?
On average, 1 tooth is like 3teeth on the rear, so keep the 15t front, then go to a 1 or 2 tooth larger rear sprocket.
On my 1100 Hyper I went to a 1 tooth larger rear so I could pull 6th gear to redline.
Aloha Alex

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Dyno tune done !!! Money well spent. Got 85 pony's to the rear tire and you can feel every one of them..... Very satisfied

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was at 82 before tuning.....also gained about 3 1/2 ft lb torque. It feels quite a bit stronger which is surprising considering the small gain

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
At work all night ! Will post tomorrow . U don't believe me or something ? It was 84.6 if I remember correctly

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I like that Alex , got no reason at all to tell any BS . Shes one tough "baby" hyper ...been doing some roll on 2nd gear wheelies with just a little pull on the bars

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If you want higher HP numbers, leave on the taller 15t gearing, it will show higher numbers.
Have them do a dyno run with the db killers in & out, you might find higher HP with the db killers "in" Aloha Alex
Hey Alex , bike ended up making better results without db killers. They are now paper weights

·
Old Fast Guy
488 Posts
85 hp on a 796? Post up the dyno graph.
I was there when Jason had the bike on the dyno. The numbers are legit and I'm sure vb796 will post them up later. The 796 sounded sweet at max revs.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks top Duc !! Those fresco's were singing weren't they !!!! Thanks "Akasam" for turning me on to them

·
Upright Racer
889 Posts
All the more reason to get mine dyno'd....I will have mine done in September sometime hopefully. Birthday present from the lady :D

·
Registered
3,846 Posts
Hey Alex , bike ended up making better results without db killers. They are now paper weights
How funny, I guess the baby Hyper dosen't like backpressure, on the 1100 with the db killers out on LV's, I lost HP & gained a little TQ, reverse of what I expected. I lost about 3 HP when they were out, and was it ever LOUD! Aloha Alex

·
Registered
587 Posts
How much of a difference would a tooth off of the c/s sprocket make, is there a correction % or should it be done in 5th gear instead of 4th on a geared down bike ? I thought it would make more HP.
Just curious mines getting the DYNO done soon ..
I don't want to enter the wiener contest stepping out of a cold swimming pool:D
ride-on
Bob

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
How much of a difference would a tooth off of the c/s sprocket make, is there a correction % or should it be done in 5th gear instead of 4th on a geared down bike ? I thought it would make more HP.
Just curious mines getting the DYNO done soon ..
I don't want to enter the wiener contest stepping out of a cold swimming pool:D
ride-on
Bob
I would only be concerned about your gain from the tune. Whether u use 14 or15 front . You'll get a before and after print out to show your increase.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts