Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I had my M1100 EVO (DP KIT) run on the dyno and measured only 79hp at 8300rpm.
The tuner told me he had some issue with the dyno so he couldn't print me the graph.
Anyway, I just remembered I had the DTC turned on level 3.
Does it matters ? should I just turned it off for the dyno ?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
You should always turn traction control off for dyno runs and if you have multiple modes you should get a run in each to see the differences.

For a minute I thought you were talking about my dyno as i am always out of ink in the darn printer. :frown2:

If the dyno drum has good knurling and the tires are hot and sticky then the traction control should not be an issue but any slip will cause it to react and the dynos are very sensitive so the reading will often show this. Mine is older so the traction is less than new so I always turn traction off so as to get a clean run, usually takes a run to get things warmed up then a couple for the record.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought the issue will be since the front wheel standing and only the rear spinning.

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts
I had not thought of the anti wheelie control until you mentioned it so if possible (if the bike has it) I would shut it off as well. Usually in Race mode most rider aids are off.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts