Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm in Newport and am looking for dyno tuner who can put a power commander on my Diavel and dial it in. On the PC web site they list two tuning centers close by. Raw Motorsport and Adrenaline Cycle, both in Swansea. I have no experience with either. I would appreciate any input on either place.

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Had Adrenaline mount/balance my tire when I was in a hurry, not a single Duc in that shop, mostly chromed/stretched rice.

I'd say a trip to Seacoast Cycle in NH is worth the effort, they hired all the former BCM techs and now have most knowledgable Duc crew in the NE. Absolutely worth a 100 mile trip.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Call Dunbar Euro-Sports Brockton, MA (508)583-4380

I had my ST4 8,000 mile tune up done here:

Dunbar Euro-Sports Brockton, MA (508)583-4380. Well established Ducati/BMW shop, friendly people and Tom the owner has been racing bikes for many years. Not sure if they do dyno tuning, I'd be surprised if they didn't though.

It's in West Bridgewater right up RT24, not more that 45 minutes from Newport.

Also great barbeque at Chilihead right on RT104 just off of RT24N, along the same lines as Becky's only much larger dining area and menu. Get the Ultimate ribs, you won't be disappointed.

There is also Razee in RI, been around for probably 20 years or more but I think they are fairly new to the Ducati world maybe 8 years or so, might be worth a call.

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
There is also Razee in RI, been around for probably 20 years or more but I think they are fairly new to the Ducati world maybe 8 years or so, might be worth a call.
Better check your sources Bob, Razee been a dealer since 1947, BSA was their first brand. Since then they had every brand under the sun, Ducati for couple decades at least, I was getting my Duc parts from them in early 90's, wouldn't be surprised if they were one of the first in US to be a Ducati dealer. They are top notch, so is Dunbar (Tom Fournier) but neither has a dyno, definitely not Razee cause I asked. I know the owners of all three shops: Gordon, Tom and Jesse, and I think Seacoast is the place to get the Dyno tuning, thats where I'm going once I have some free time.

There are couple Duc shops around Boston, don't know either one, never seen them at the track (I know both Tom and Jesse from Loudon)

·
Registered
57 Posts
Todd,

I'm far from an authority, sorry for the lousy advice, I guess I was way off about Razee, I thought you were looking to find a shop in Rhode Island hence the Razee suggestion, I tossed Dunbar in thinking they are just up Rt 24 about an hour from Newport.

Dmitry, thanks for the rundown on Razee, I know they've been around a long time but didn't know they are that deeply rooted.

Bob

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm in Newport and am looking for dyno tuner who can put a power commander on my Diavel and dial it in. On the PC web site they list two tuning centers close by. Raw Motorsport and Adrenaline Cycle, both in Swansea. I have no experience with either. I would appreciate any input on either place.
I've got no experience with either of those shops, but I'd be skeptical to take my Duc to a shop with no Duc experience.

Bit of a drive, but Rob has a great reputation with a lot of the local racers up at NHMS, mucho experience with Ducs. I'm planning on heading up there soon with both my bikes, PC on the Duc and Tuneboy for the KTM.

Rob's Dyno Service

·
Premium Member
4,649 Posts
Met Rob during the Nationals, hung around couple hours to get my smoker Dyno'd but he was working on the Duc and I wanted to watch the races so I left.

He's at the track every other race weekend and everyone had only positive response about him, but he is further away than Seacoast and probably never seen Diavel in person.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts