Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at throwing some Dyna coils in my carbed monster and there are 2 options. The 3ohm coil and the 5ohm coil. Which one to use? Does it matter? The 3 ohm is the green and the 5ohm is the black. Any help would be great!

·
Registered
59 Posts
I recently emailed Dynatek about coils for a '93 750SS (carbed) and they recommended the Mini Series Coils (P/N DC3-2) and DW-600 plug wires.

Hope this helps!

·
Premium Member
119 Posts
you want the 3 ohm greenies. fyi - you can get them WAY cheaper if you just ebay for the coils, build your own wires and connection. way cheaper... The coils are universal fyi, except for the resistance.

·
Registered
421 Posts
I recently emailed Dynatek about coils for a '93 750SS (carbed) and they recommended the Mini Series Coils (P/N DC3-2) and DW-600 plug wires.

Hope this helps!
+1

I ordered the miniature series DC3-2 kit. It's a direct bolt in replacement and comes with the right mounting hardware and replacement spark plug lead caps. took all of 15 minutes to install. This is a fantastic upgrade bikes starts instantly at first crank and runs much more crisply and smoothly at all revs. Do it!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts