Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

Dymag carbon wheels ?

6K views 25 replies 17 participants last post by  st2lemans 
I have a set of BST road version for my 749R I picked up last year from Motowheels.

As with anything else that is divided on opinion, you will need to do your own research and come up with your own conclusions. I read all the message boards and all the threads and consulted with Nichols about the exploding BST that caused a stir a while back. In the end, with the un-official blessing of Nichols, I decided it would be ok for my particular riding style/application.

The rims are truely a beautiful piece of art work and makes steering much easier (sometimes too easy - which can be a bad thing as well). I make an effort to always check tire pressure before going out for a ride and carefully inspect the rims upon the bike's weekly cleanings.

I've still kept the original 10 spoke forged aluminum wheels as a backup precaution in case the BST gets damaged or if I start losing confidence in it one day. Once the bike is back in the garage, up it goes onto a front and rear paddock stand. These little things I do give me greater peace of mind.

I've also kept in the back of my head a budget to fully replace these BST Carbon rims in about 10 years with another set as a safety precaution and as an upgrade down the road (should I keep the bike that long). The rims would make for a nice piece of hanging art in the garage after that time.

Attached is a picture of the bike with rims on it.

Best of luck to you.

Attachments

Jus_Livin said:
2ducks - sweet ride. I never thought of frame inserts at the axle. I am adding that to my slider purchase.:D
Those are STM frame plugs. You will have to measure it as all bikes are not all the same size plugs.

They come in Red/black/ or silver.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.