Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey all!

First post on the forum...I'm also a first-time Ducati owner...Just bought a new 2019 1260s Tourer a month ago, and have just been reading up on all the mods peeps are doing. I read about these throttle spacers here, and being a little disappointed with the slop myself, ! decided to pick some up. Probably the best forty bucks I've ever spent! They were super easy to install, and the results are as promised! I'm so much happier with zero slop in the throttle, and it's so responsive now. Anyway, thanks for all the good info. I'll keep reading, and maybe chime in here and there.

BTW- so far, I am loving this bike! Just about to turn 1k miles, and every one of them so far has made me smile.
Cheers, and happy trails!

·
Registered
252 Posts
40 bucks for 50 cents worth of plastic... that's some hardcore capitalism right there, :cool: great idea well executed. I'm debating if I'm too cheap and now that I see how simple it is I can just superglue shims to the nubs on the grip - OR if I'm too lazy and will just buy the kit. Cheap vs. lazy... the perennial problem...
no, you are right and I totally agree!

thats not capitalism, thats decadence

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
But that's still the 1260. We're waiting for the 1200 DVT part.
The throttle assembly is not changed... it works from something like 2013 on...

·
Premium Member
3,755 Posts
A
Not available for 2017 Enduro; I checked with the supplier.
that's weird... that throttle assembly is common across a bunch of their models and the widget works in the 1260 enduros...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Any new info on availability for a 2017 MS 1200S? Throttle jerkiness at low speeds makes me miss my Softtail.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Any new info on availability for a 2017 MS 1200S? Throttle jerkiness at low speeds makes me miss my Softtail.
Are you sure it's the throttle assembly that's causing the jerkiness? If you're running a stock Multi at low speeds in the 2k-3k rev range, it could just be the nature of the bike. There are several factors for this; overall engine (and exhaust) design, stock tall gears, and stock fuel map. Do some searching around on this forum and you'll see that these bikes don't like to hang out much in the low rpm's. It's a different animal compared to a Harley. That said, after installing a new exhaust and Rapidbike, my 2016 1200S behaves much better at low speeds now, without having to be johnny on the spot with the clutch.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks for asking. I’m 95% sure after reading all the problem descriptions and product reviews. I should not have said at low RPMs, but when I go from throttle off to throttle on at low speeds. Currently it takes tremendous wrist finesse to avoid a jerk from throttle off to on. I suspect it is the slack in my throttle.

·
Registered
88 Posts
That said, after installing a new exhaust and Rapidbike, my 2016 1200S behaves much better at low speeds now, without having to be johnny on the spot with the clutch.
With the response of many big engined bikes, I just expect that some intervention is needed at low speeds and part throttle. I've gotten very good at employing my 'slipper' clutch on all my bikes...a partial pull of the clutch lever whenever I'm rolling off the throttle or operating at small throttle openings. No more herky jerky with that approach.

·
Registered
7 Posts
With the response of many big engined bikes, I just expect that some intervention is needed at low speeds and part throttle. I've gotten very good at employing my 'slipper' clutch on all my bikes...a partial pull of the clutch lever whenever I'm rolling off the throttle or operating at small throttle openings. No more herky jerky with that approach.
Good technique. My issue persists at over 3K RPM in 1st and 2nd gear. On a bike this expensive, no way I should be feathering the clutch to deal with it. Certainly love the bike otherwise. Thank you for commenting.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I have installed them for customers and it’s an easy install. Expensive for what you get but it fits well and works great. They also took the time to design and sort it out so that’s worth something. I’m cheap but I think I’ll be buying one for my 1260.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have installed them for customers and it’s an easy install. Expensive for what you get but it fits well and works great. They also took the time to design and sort it out so that’s worth something. I’m cheap but I think I’ll be buying one for my 1260.
Let me know if you ever hear of spacers for a 2017 MS 1200S. I'm cheap as well but have no problem with the value based pricing on this item. Thank you.

·
Registered
879 Posts
As far as I know, the 2015~17 1200 DVT has little to no throttle slop. Thus it does not require a spacer(s), nor are there any available for this model.
FYI, the Panigale and Monster throttle assembly requires two spacers, however the 2018+ MTS 1260 requires only one.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts