Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has any of guys tried to get the throttle spacer kit for their DVT 1200 Multistrada ?

the website says it's compatible for the 1260 Model but nothing for the 1200.

thanks

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it will come for the 1200, had contact with the 'creator'

but mind you it will eliminate the cruise control cancellation function from the throttle! (if you know and use this handy function :smile2: )
you can cancel CC through the throttle ?

It usually accelerates and come back to the speed I set earlier when I use the throttle. I cancel CC by quickly tapping the rear brake, less sudden effect

·
Registered
252 Posts
you can cancel CC through the throttle ?

It usually accelerates and come back to the speed I set earlier when I use the throttle. I cancel CC by quickly tapping the rear brake, less sudden effect
like t-bills said, you can turn the throttle slightly beyond its zero position to cancel the cc.
I guess the idea is you don't have to move your hands or fingers or apply the brakes/clutch to cancel cc, but only a slight movement of the wrist to cancel.

thb, just pulling the clutch lever is also a very smooth way to cancel cc, it blips the engine slightly :)

·
Registered
209 Posts
like t-bills said, you can turn the throttle slightly beyond its zero position to cancel the cc.
I guess the idea is you don't have to move your hands or fingers or apply the brakes/clutch to cancel cc, but only a slight movement of the wrist to cancel.

thb, just pulling the clutch lever is also a very smooth way to cancel cc, it blips the engine slightly :)
I prefer the clutch method when I'm riding with a passenger. I find the sudden cancellation of the throttle to be too jarring, unless I warn them first. The clutch method is just much smoother.

·
Registered
252 Posts
I prefer the clutch method when I'm riding with a passenger. I find the sudden cancellation of the throttle to be too jarring, unless I warn them first. The clutch method is just much smoother.
true, that blip is also kinda cool :)

I just had a update from 1260 owners, two owners to be exacted, in a facebook group they say you can still use the throttle method in combination with the spacer.....

so, when the spacer for the 1200 comes out, I'm tempted to buy one to find out if its true...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the clutch gives me a sudden cancelation VS tapping lightly the rear break for a very smooth transition ... but whatever works for everyone.

can't wait for the 1200 compatible throttle spacer tho, I've only read great things about it

·
Registered
725 Posts
Has any of guys tried to get the throttle spacer kit for their DVT 1200 Multistrada ?

the website says it's compatible for the 1260 Model but nothing for the 1200.

thanks
I've had them on my Panigale since early 2016. Moreover, I just recently received a set for my Monster 1200R but I have yet to install them.
It's a nice product and an awesome mod for the price. Keep in mind it's a performance mod as it makes your throttle more sensitive and responsive to change.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Think of these Spacers as putting your "Sport Mode" throttle response on steroids.
If you don't like "Sport Mode", these may not be for you.

·
Premium Member
264 Posts
get the spacers

I don't think it makes more like sport mode or anything, I think it just eliminates the annoying slop.

When I had cables, I liked very little slop. When I heard the 1260 was fully RBW with no cables at all, I was excited. Then I rode and realized they baked throttle slop right in!? Well, the spacers cure that nicely.

When I move the throttle, the bike responds, I am not having to constantly rotate through a specific amount of slop first. It doesn't make more aggressive in any way, just way more controlled. It is a very worthwhile improvement in my opinion.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I took the throttle apart on my 2016 Multi and found that the slop is not an issue with the electronic mechanism. The electronic mechanism is very tight. The slop that is felt is due to the difference in the grip tube's ID and the bar's OD. The grip tube flops back and forth on the bar as it 'hangs' from the tube's engagement tab. The grip tube's engagement tab fits tightly into the electronic mechanism.

From what I can deduce, a properly sized shim between the grip tube and bar is what is needed to reduce that slop.

PS: the reassembly of the throttle assembly is no fun! Its tough to get the return spring back into its slot in the housing. It took an extra set of hands for me to get mine back together. A security torx bit is required to open the housing.

·
Premium Member
3,372 Posts
40 bucks for 50 cents worth of plastic... that's some hardcore capitalism right there, :cool: great idea well executed. I'm debating if I'm too cheap and now that I see how simple it is I can just superglue shims to the nubs on the grip - OR if I'm too lazy and will just buy the kit. Cheap vs. lazy... the perennial problem...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts