Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just turned on my bike and got the service date warning for the first time. 2500 miles, should not be due for service.how do I get rid of this warning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
398 Posts
I just turned on my bike and got the service date warning for the first time. 2500 miles, should not be due for service.how do I get rid of this warning?

Only the dealer can turn that off. And while 2,500 miles is too soon for a warranty service in miles, you're due every 12 months regardless of mileage.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ha! It came to bike me in the ass today. God must have struck me down. Got ready last night to go out for the first time this year. Lubed the chain. Must he gotten some wax on the rear tire. Didn't even make it out of the driveway before going down!

Rashed pannier, mirror, tank cover and side fairing. Also a broken handguard

·
Registered
869 Posts
You need to start a "That Sucks" thread....:)

·
Registered
252 Posts

in the manual you can see clearly see there are several different types of maintenance, one of them is to change the oil if it hasn't been changed for a year, so in that case it doesnt matter how much you rode.

You were riding with the same oil for a year without reaching the mileage interval in that year..

I boight a DVT from the previous owner who let the bike sit in the garage because of a knee problem....and I also have the light

Tuesday its going to the dealers to change the oil and being a high tech ducati, only the dealer can reset that light.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
For those of you who hate that indicator light, changing the date to a year back will eliminate it until you get it into the dealership.

Worked for me!

First Desmo service next week! There goes the tax return!

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
in the manual you can see clearly see there are several different types of maintenance, one of them is to change the oil if it hasn't been changed for a year, so in that case it doesnt matter how much you rode.

You were riding with the same oil for a year without reaching the mileage interval in that year..

I boight a DVT from the previous owner who let the bike sit in the garage because of a knee problem....and I also have the light

Tuesday its going to the dealers to change the oil and being a high tech ducati, only the dealer can reset that light.
I didn't realize there was a time based ses light... not something I'll ever see.

·
Premium Member
3,493 Posts
I didn't realize there was a time based ses light... not something I'll ever see.
I spoke to soon... just got the (-27 days) message before the service light (though I'd already made the appointment because the mileage is over 75,000km).

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
For those of you who hate that indicator light, changing the date to a year back will eliminate it until you get it into the dealership.

Worked for me!

First Desmo service next week! There goes the tax return!
Heck, knowing that i'm backing it up 5 years instead!
Thanks for the tip

1 - 16 of 16 Posts