Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A mechanic friend just told me that the DVT has a filter near the vertical cylinder that is up against the frame and that in order to clean the filter during a major service the engine must be removed from the frame. I find this hard to believe...even though I know design engineers never talk to the folks who actually service their designs.
If true: how often are the major service intervals for the DVT, and what do they cost???

·
Premium Member
4,268 Posts
No... you can find checklists for all services online, the only filter I can recall off the top of my head is the air filter... that requires the removal of the fuel tank but the motor never comes out. Edit - there is a "clean plug with metal mesh filter on head" item that is done with desmo... but it doesn't require engine removal (at least it hasn't for the folks who've done my bike).

The 'biggest' scheduled service is the Desmo service (every 30,000km)... even the valve adjustment during desmo service doesn't require motor removal. Prices vary for that service but I've had it done twice on my 15 and it's been around $1300 both times.

·
Registered
92 Posts
That is correct, they have a mesh filter for the servo motor that operates the dvt that is to be cleaned at the 30 kay service on the enduro and i think they just pushed the cleaning of it on the dvt multi out to the 60 kay service. Looks like e basturd of a job with either the removal of the motor or the complete rear subframe to gain access to it. Either way a prick of a job.

·
Registered
Streetfighter V4 -2021
87 Posts
I looked at the workshop manual but did not find. Where is that "plug with metal mesh filter on head"?

·
Premium Member
12,388 Posts
Oh Yeah we cleaned it had to remove engine too A bitch of a job... Make sure you have proof of work SAID to be done....A money making glitch for unscrupulous bad shops...

Effen "Engineers" Could they be let go staff from FORD???? Cripes 6 hours labor to change a simple $30.oo heater door activator... with an estimated book charge of $600.oo+....
Pay to play...

·
Registered
2019 1260S Volcano Grey
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That is correct, they have a mesh filter for the servo motor that operates the dvt that is to be cleaned at the 30 kay service on the enduro and i think they just pushed the cleaning of it on the dvt multi out to the 60 kay service. Looks like e basturd of a job with either the removal of the motor or the complete rear subframe to gain access to it. Either way a prick of a job.
This is consistent with what my mechanic friend told me, even down to the mileage at which it needs to be done, ie: 37k miles/60k km. A real drag for those of us who pile up the miles. I'm still quite happy with my '14, but am I'm thinking ahead to the '19 DVT.

·
Registered
92 Posts
The filters are located on the front and rear of both heads, look on the parts diagram and you will see them.
The workshop manual probably doesn't mention them, but then again it doesn't mention lots of things. The new model manuals are nowhere near as good as the old paper manuals. Cost cutting i guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts