Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I brought my bike in for the 600 mile service yesterday and was told by the service manager that there were 2 recalls.
They were for the fuel sensor and for the seat. I asked about the side stand and he said that they had taken care of that before delivery.

Did I miss something? Has anybody heard of the fuel sensor and seat recalls?

Warren

·
Registered
282 Posts
I brought my bike in for the 600 mile service yesterday and was told by the service manager that there were 2 recalls.
They were for the fuel sensor and for the seat. I asked about the side stand and he said that they had taken care of that before delivery.

Did I miss something? Has anybody heard of the fuel sensor and seat recalls?

Warren
Are the recalls listed publicly anywhere? My 2016 is at the dealer for the fuel sensor (they never said it was a recall) and they've had it for over 3 weeks now and I am furious. I called earlier today and of course the service manager is on vacation so the parts guy was going to look into it and get back to me. That was 3 hours ago. If all these recalls are out there I want to make sure they all get done before I pick my bike up. I've seen others post on these issues and comment that they were fixed under warranty but never that they were official recalls. I don't want to have to bring it back in since I am an hour away from my dealer.

I'm supposed to leave for a 1,000 mile trip in two weeks and I am not going to be happy if I have to back out.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is the fender protected?
This was the issue:

Put clear protection on the Dashboard be careful how you clean it, get scratches very easily

·
Registered
270 Posts
I just took mine in yesterday too (600 mile service) and yes they did the seat and the fuel sensor. My dealer had called me last week to let me know that it would take longer that I had originally scheduled for... All good today, heck I brought it in with very little gas in the tank (help out the tech) so when he was done, he thanked me for that and not bringing it in dirty and with the bags on... So he filled it up with "Premium Gas" and then i asked him if he could show me how to remove the body panels, he said sure then took me out and showed me everything that I asked... Great guy.:smile2:

·
Registered
270 Posts
Is the fender protected?
This was the issue:

Put clear protection on the Dashboard be careful how you clean it, get scratches very easily
Just so you know, mine had some clear 3M tape right there and I had taken it off then noticed why it was there and cut some put and put it back on!

·
North Carolina, USA
3,320 Posts
Are the recalls listed publicly anywhere? My 2016 is at the dealer for the fuel sensor (they never said it was a recall) and they've had it for over 3 weeks now and I am furious. I called earlier today and of course the service manager is on vacation so the parts guy was going to look into it and get back to me. That was 3 hours ago. If all these recalls are out there I want to make sure they all get done before I pick my bike up. I've seen others post on these issues and comment that they were fixed under warranty but never that they were official recalls. I don't want to have to bring it back in since I am an hour away from my dealer.

I'm supposed to leave for a 1,000 mile trip in two weeks and I am not going to be happy if I have to back out.
Just got my '12 back after a solid month in the shop waiting for failed heated grip replacements. 'My' dealer is almost 3 hours away, so the bike just sat. My '10 was gone for over 2 months waiting on parts for a top end rebuild after it suffered a failure from factory antifreeze erosion. That fiasco was during my prime riding season, and I missed two long scheduled annual trips while the bike was gone. I was not fun to live with.

Just drink some more of the kool-aid, and you will be happy when you finally get your bike back. Be glad it's not August or who knows when you'd get it back.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Some of the early 2016 models got out with the "C" fuel sensor, which has been replaced by the "D".
Also, some of the riders seats where pulling up or ripping in the back right corner.

·
Registered
282 Posts

Wow, talk about a kick in the nuts. I just got a call back from the parts guy and he says to me my bike is ready with a completed service date of 4/12. I said that's nice why did no-one call me. He had no answer and I feel bad because he's the parts guy and not service but it looks like it may be time to find another dealer (I'll have to give this some thought).

I also asked if anything else was done because a "friend" of mine mentioned a kickstand and seat recall were done on his bike and he said no but advised I pick the bike up and if there are recalls to make sure the parts are in prior to bringing it in.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Some of the early 2016 models got out with the "C" fuel sensor, which has been replaced by the "D".
Also, some of the riders seats where pulling up or ripping in the back right corner.
Do you mean staples pulling out of the rear of the seat, if so this is an old issue

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
... and if there are recalls to make sure the parts are in prior to bringing it in.
This ^^^^^

My '13 had a few fuel sensor failures and I didn't mind just working off of the trip odometer while the part was on order. They would call when it came in and we'd schedule a visit, I would take the bike there; less than an hour of waiting time and they'd have me ready to go. My dealer is also about 100 miles off, but this is just how it is geographically with Ducati. Knew that going in and while at first back in '13 it was kind of a new experience, I'm now used to it. It's not the dealer's fault, it's not Ducati's fault, it's just how it is. :)

Think Ducati geographic coverage is not dense, try Moto Guzzi. Or Indian. Yep, Indian. Even though Polaris owns Indian they do not allow non-Indian selling Polaris/Victory dealerships to do warranty work. Case in point there is a Polaris/Victory dealer in my town but they don't sell Indian so any Indian owners here (very few) have to go to Hopkinsville KY or Nashville TN for warranty work, even though its basically the same overall manufacturer. :|

·
Registered
282 Posts
This ^^^^^

My '13 had a few fuel sensor failures and I didn't mind just working off of the trip odometer while the part was on order. They would call when it came in and we'd schedule a visit, I would take the bike there; less than an hour of waiting time and they'd have me ready to go. My dealer is also about 100 miles off, but this is just how it is geographically with Ducati. Knew that going in and while at first back in '13 it was kind of a new experience, I'm now used to it. It's not the dealer's fault, it's not Ducati's fault, it's just how it is. :)

Think Ducati geographic coverage is not dense, try Moto Guzzi. Or Indian. Yep, Indian. Even though Polaris owns Indian they do not allow non-Indian selling Polaris/Victory dealerships to do warranty work. Case in point there is a Polaris/Victory dealer in my town but they don't sell Indian so any Indian owners here (very few) have to go to Hopkinsville KY or Nashville TN for warranty work, even though its basically the same overall manufacturer. :|
The dealer would not order the part until I dropped the bike off. They gave me some excuse that the local or regional rep or whatever needed to be informed and come by the shop or some nonsense like that. It wasn't a huge deal at the time because I was expecting a week but 3+ weeks is unacceptable and the fact it's been done for 3 days and no on e called me really burns me up. I am picking it up today and it's not going to be pretty because I am personally speaking with the owner.

I also looked up the recalls and there's been one on my VIN for the side stand. If they didn't replace it I will be even more pissed.

·
Registered
57 Posts
The dealer would not order the part until I dropped the bike off. They gave me some excuse that the local or regional rep or whatever needed to be informed and come by the shop or some nonsense like that. It wasn't a huge deal at the time because I was expecting a week but 3+ weeks is unacceptable and the fact it's been done for 3 days and no on e called me really burns me up. I am picking it up today and it's not going to be pretty because I am personally speaking with the owner.

I also looked up the recalls and there's been one on my VIN for the side stand. If they didn't replace it I will be even more pissed.
I've just had my Fuel sender replaced under warranty, and Side stand replaced, a couple of hours work, arranged a two weeks before so that they could get the parts in. The service you have been getting sounds poor.
wrt the sidestand recall, this does not mean all sidestands are being replaced. The Recall is to check the Part No. of the Side stand, and replace it if it is within a certain range of numbers.

·
Registered
282 Posts
It gets 100 times worse. I just left the dealer and the right hand guard is all busted up. They asked me if it was like that when I brought it in and I said hell no. So now they are looking for the part to fix it so I'm out to lunch with the family since I had to drag them all to get me to the dealer.

On top of that I asked if they replaced the side stand under the recall from November and he looks at the tech and asks if he put it on the computer. This turned into a he said she said clusterfuck. So I told them I'd be back in an hour and I expect it all fixed.

What a mess. I am in central NJ, can anyone recommend a dealer other than Ferracci, I'm done with them?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
270 Posts
Sounds like they are full of BS. My dealers Service manager called me and ordered the parts ahead of time so I would not be without my bike and all the work was completed within 6 hours... I'd find another dealer:frown2:

·
Registered
282 Posts
My saga is over for now and I am back to Bruce Banner instead of a raging Hulk. I got back to the dealer after lunch yesterday and everything was fixed, new hand guard in place. The owner, Eraldo Ferracci himself came out and apologized up and down and seemed to be genuinely upset about the way my bike was treated. He must have interrogated his staff because he gave me the run down of what happened and kept apologizing.

He also told me that my fuel sensor was already replaced once when I had the bike in for the ECU update but I was never informed. I find this odd because I thought the Rev D has been out a while and if they gave me a Rev D back then and it already failed that's a red flag. I can't recall right now exactly when I had the ECU updated but it was within a week or so of it being released.

Finally, he told me my VIN was not impacted by the side stand recall. I was able to put on a few hundred miles this weekend and everything seems good. Some how my MPG has gone up by about 8. I'll keep an eye on that and start tracking it manually to see how accurate the bike readings are.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Recalls

I like my dealer. The techs are competent and fast. Parts is parts however. I've found that the promised call when IT arrives doesn't come till I call them. That said, I don't drop off the bike till all the parts are in. I'm trying to understand why a dealer would even accept a bike without available parts. Do they have that much storage room? Mine doesn't so they are maybe more efficient.

My fuel gauge is busted just like everybodys. I just finished a 5,200 mile trip with it busted the whole time. The odometer and my sore ass where all the instruments I needed. Different now that I'm home. Odometer is king. Met a new friend on the road with his 2013 MS. I think he is on warranty fuel gauge four. So I'll call the dealer on Tuesday when they reopen and we'll see what's happening with the gauge and with my busted left pannier hanger plus side stand or seat recalls I hadn't heard about.

Give all this carping, still love the bike and wouldn't trade it for all the rice rockets or Milwaukee thumpers out there. Owned many of them and this one makes me smile the most.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I just took mine in yesterday too (600 mile service) and yes they did the seat and the fuel sensor. My dealer had called me last week to let me know that it would take longer that I had originally scheduled for... All good today, heck I brought it in with very little gas in the tank (help out the tech) so when he was done, he thanked me for that and not bringing it in dirty and with the bags on... So he filled it up with "Premium Gas" and then i asked him if he could show me how to remove the body panels, he said sure then took me out and showed me everything that I asked... Great guy.:smile2:
My dealer would do the same, and gladly bill for an hour of label at $135+ tax. greedy bastards.

·
Registered
140 Posts
My saga is over for now and I am back to Bruce Banner instead of a raging Hulk. I got back to the dealer after lunch yesterday and everything was fixed, new hand guard in place. The owner, Eraldo Ferracci himself came out and apologized up and down and seemed to be genuinely upset about the way my bike was treated. He must have interrogated his staff because he gave me the run down of what happened and kept apologizing.
I'm glad to hear that. I met Eraldo a few years back for Pirelli's tire testing in Daytona (I was taking pics for 2wf.com) and he seemed like a great guy in the couple moments I had to talk to them about their hopes for the racing season that year. He's very well known in the racing community.

Mark

1 - 19 of 19 Posts