Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Catches and idles right up on premium with 10% or less ethanol, but on ethanol-free premium it struggles to fire and when it fires it sluffs and sputters for a few seconds as it tries to establish idle rpm.

Had exact same thing with my '13. Maybe it's something about the CountryMark brand of ethanol-free 91. Not sure what they could be using as additive that would cause this, though.

·
Registered
209 Posts
In Ontario, premium gasoline (91 octane) available from Shell is Ethanol-free. That's what I put in my Multi and I haven't had any starting issues. I have noticed that my idle sometimes won't be very steady and will hunt quite noticeably. But I haven't noticed any other fuelling issues.

·
Registered
122 Posts
My guess would be the CountryMark tank has some water in it.

Then again it might not run at all.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Catches and idles right up on premium with 10% or less ethanol, but on ethanol-free premium it struggles to fire and when it fires it sluffs and sputters for a few seconds as it tries to establish idle rpm.

Had exact same thing with my '13. Maybe it's something about the CountryMark brand of ethanol-free 91. Not sure what they could be using as additive that would cause this, though.
I always use Ethanol free fuel in my MTS "14.
No problem at all !

·
Registered
2,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's weird it runs good on it otherwise, it's just that cold starts are noticeably lumpier on it than when burning the usual premium that has ethanol.

·
Registered
157 Posts
My guess would be the CountryMark tank has some water in it.

Then again it might not run at all.
^^^That. It could be a number of things... water in the tanks, cross-dropped fuel (I.e. diesel in the gas tank, etc), leftover fuel (diesel) on the transport truck with gas loaded on top of it, plugged pump filters (which would bypass and give you unfiltered gas.) I would try a different source (even another CM station) or just change brands altogether and see how it does. There is no reason ethanol vs non-ethanol should cause a performance change like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts