Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your bike HERE to be a part of this months Bike of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While cleaning my bike I found that the black cover over the exhaust was loose... turned out a couple of the screws to hold it on were missing. So, I took it off completely to check it out, and a large(ish) washer dropped to the floor... and I'm trying to figure out where it's from. The one possibility is that there's a point on the exhaust that the center stand hits, which looks like it's meant to have something bolted onto it (e.g. a rubber bushing to keep the stand from clanging on the exhaust). Please will someone take a look at their bike and let me know if I'm missing some parts, as I can't find this in the parts catalog (see the picture for where I think something may be missing).

TIA!!

- Stu

Attachments

·
Registered
42 Posts
I'm struggling with the picture, but if it's where I think it is, the rubber bung is on the centre stand.

That's the bracket that stops it hitting the exhaust.

·
Premium Member
4,271 Posts
I don't think there's anything on that bracket. IIRC the washer you found goes under the exhaust cover at the center attachment point. Not sure why it's there.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks, all! I feel much better knowing that parts aren't falling off my bike! DaveK, thanks for solving the mystery of the washer!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts