Ducati.ms - The Ultimate Ducati Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone seen any aftermarket bar risers for the 2015 MTS DVT?

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the Rox risers on my 2013 PP will never use that type again. did not fit well and scratched the handlebar, sharp edges. I'm looking for some for my 2016 that mount closer to the top of the triple vs under the bars.

·
Premium Member
271 Posts
I had the Rox risers on my 2013 PP will never use that type again. did not fit well and scratched the handlebar, sharp edges. I'm looking for some for my 2016 that mount closer to the top of the triple vs under the bars.
Good to know! Thanks for the feedback!

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the new Touratech Catalouge, they anounced risers. But it seems, that these are distributed by Ducati.

Unfortunately, there is no data available yet (height etc.) Googling this number didn't make me wiser...

I'll ask my dealer as soon as I will be there.

Attachments

·
Registered
180 Posts
Can anyone tell me whether one needs to install longer cables when using the Rox risers on the DVT? The Rox website indicates that longer cables are not needed for the pre-2015 Multistradas, but does not have a listing for the DVT.

With the measurements I've done it appears that longer cables would normally be needed for the 2" riser on the DVT. But, it also looks like one could saw a bit off the vertical bars just below the handlebar clamps to make the Rox risers usable without longer cables. (Please ignore if what I'm suggesting isn't clear.)

·
Registered
88 Posts
In the new Touratech Catalouge, they anounced risers. But it seems, that these are distributed by Ducati.

Unfortunately, there is no data available yet (height etc.) Googling this number didn't make me wiser...

I'll ask my dealer as soon as I will be there.
If the risers are anything like the Touratech panniers that are shown in the 2016 TT catalog, they probably haven't made THOSE yet either. :(

·
Registered
50 Posts
I had a look at the Enduro and it has little tubular risers that fit between the "normal" bar supports and the top yolk. They are about 2cm high. Might make enough difference for you.

The cable run does look quite tight on the DVT anyway so I'd take care with any riser fittings and triple check that there is sufficient clearance at both extremes of steering lock.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had a look at the Enduro and it has little tubular risers that fit between the "normal" bar supports and the top yolk. They are about 2cm high. Might make enough difference for you.

The cable run does look quite tight on the DVT anyway so I'd take care with any riser fittings and triple check that there is sufficient clearance at both extremes of steering lock.
I ordered these risers, as they were very cheap. They are 30mm high. As I intended to have 20mm, a friend of mine turned down to 20mm. To install them, you'll ned two longer screws. As I remember M10x1,25x70 are stock, so with the risers you need x100 or in my case I ordered x90. Be careful, it is not a normal metric thread, but a fine thread 1,25.

The cables are long enough für additional 20mm in my case.

Another idea would be to take the handlebar of the Enduro. As they anounced a 50mm higher handlebar and the risers have 30mm, this should also give you another approx. 20mm.

By the way: I posted some photos in the german Multi Forum: http://multistrada.eu/index.php?topic=8438.0

1 - 10 of 10 Posts